• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I hope overclockers don’t just cancel our orders, if they do they should respect the customers that have been waiting and give them priority when placing a new order of an rtx3000 series card. A lot of people would have wasted all this time when they could have been searching for a new card with the money overclockers have been holding on to, it’s just unfair in my eyes and not good service at all. I’m sure they don’t want to ruin their reputation.

On a more depressing note... any word on deliveries yet? @ScottiB @Gibbo

Associate
Anyone know where you can find stats on total volume of 3080 silicon (inc. all AIBs) shipped? How much lower is production compared to the last gen?

Intel and AIB's say that production is not the real problem here (Except ASUS that say they have reduced production). The shortage is due to demand being through the roof.

It the demand from us wanting new cards to keep ourselves occupied, Bitcoin/Etherium Mining and global supply not helping.
Of course it does not help that global supply network atm is screwed, the US and Europe have a large supply of empty containers and China has none. It will take time to re-balance this. Getting containers for our export at work is completely hit and miss atm. More have not turned up than have. Air freight cost is through the roof atm because of the reduction in passenger flights.

The last thing is the horrible B word. No lorry driver wants to come to the UK atm because of sitting at customs for 2 hours a go and being sent back if the paperwork is wrong (which it is because no-one had time to plan) . We can't get deliveries at work from overseas or get lorries to take our goods to the continent.

Associate
I hope overclockers don’t just cancel our orders, if they do they should respect the customers that have been waiting and give them priority when placing a new order of an rtx3000 series card. A lot of people would have wasted all this time when they could have been searching for a new card with the money overclockers have been holding on to, it’s just unfair in my eyes and not good service at all. I’m sure they don’t want to ruin their reputation.@ScottiB @Gibbo

It will get to the stage that OC cannot afford to give us cards. Even if the wholesale price goes up £100, OC stands to lose £286,500.

Trust me on this OC may be a big company but they cannot afford to lose that.

I also add that the huge difference in supply/demand at the moment will have driven the price OC pays up. The prices OC pay to wholesale aren't fixed (a point people should remember when accusing them of scalping).

Last edited:
Associate
It will get to the stage that OC cannot afford to give us cards. Even if the wholesale price goes up £100, OC stands to lose £286,500.

I understand, all I am saying is they should give us the choice to get out orders cancelled or just pay the extra. It would be outrageous if they cancelled our orders and left us to make new orders at full price, people at the front of queues could be pushed back.

Associate
I understand, all I am saying is they should give us the choice to get out orders cancelled or just pay the extra. It would be outrageous if they cancelled our orders and left us to make new orders at full price, people at the front of queues could be pushed back.

OC will probably offer us that.

Hey it could be worse. You could have paid for a 3090 and now due to receive a 3080ti. If it goes the way Samsung handles things the USA will get all the legit 3090's and the rest of the world will get the 3080ti variant.

Associate
OC will probably offer us that.

Hey it could be worse. You could have paid for a 3090 and now due to receive a 3080ti. If it goes the way Samsung handles things the USA will get all the legit 3090's and the rest of the world will get the 3080ti variant.
I’m honestly not too bothered what I get, I need a gpu for the subject I’m studying and it will be with me for years to come. I wanted to keep my msrp price but I am willing to pay extra if that’s what’s needed. I just don’t want to be left with nothing

Associate

I also add that the huge difference in supply/demand at the moment will have driven the price OC pays up. The prices OC pay to wholesale aren't fixed (a point people should remember when accusing them of scalping).

Pretty sure when OCUK buys the cards they are fixed price at the time of allocation. So if you ordered on day one OCUK ordered your card at the "then" day one prices.... Your card should come from this allocation, am I right? @Gibbo @ScottiB.

Besides If OCuk emailed me to say we can give you a card but we need £100 more or whatever I would pay it, however, if they cancelled my order after them having my money for 6 months that would be the end of my 20 years of buying from them.

I paid £684.99 for my Asus 3080 tuf non oc.... I'd pay no more than £780 for one if I could find one.

Caporegime
OcUK are being too soft imo and just putting off the inevitable, just cancel the lot and start fresh . They certainly don't have anywhere *near* the manpower to start offering upgrades to every individual, and even if they did it would take too long with the way stock is slowly coming in. Gotta be done imo before this mess just gets worse and worse. Like pulling a plaster off.

Associate
I hope overclockers don’t just cancel our orders, if they do they should respect the customers that have been waiting and give them priority when placing a new order of an rtx3000 series card. A lot of people would have wasted all this time when they could have been searching for a new card with the money overclockers have been holding on to, it’s just unfair in my eyes and not good service at all. I’m sure they don’t want to ruin their reputation.

On a more depressing note... any word on deliveries yet? @ScottiB @Gibbo

I hope OC dont cancel our orders as well. If the price do up, I am happy to pay the differance but hope to keep the order alive

Associate
I hope OC dont cancel our orders as well. If the price do up, I am happy to pay the differance but hope to keep the order alive
i hope they dont cancel because im 4th and i have been waiting for 7 months and i got my card for £650 originally and i don't have enough to buy a card at the new higher price.

Associate
OcUK will have already paid for stock pending I'd expect. The price rise shouldn't effect already ordered cards.

It never worked like that when I used to work for what was one of the UK's largest parts distributers but we are going back a quite a few years (we are talking back in OC's Esnet days).

OC will not have any allocated stock as such. They will order however many their suppliers have in stock. They may say to their supplier we want x cards in total but this is not the same as a pre-order. It is merely an expression of interest.
Think of like a supermarket. You go in and say i want 10 pints of milk but they only have 3 left. You may say to the staff I need 7 more pints and if they are on friendly terms the staff might remember and phone you when they get more stock but you are not their only customer and if they put the price up you pay more.

The prices OC pays were very fluid. Microtonica's sales team would constantly be on the phone trying to sell to the likes of Esnet/Watford etc at the best price they could get. Sometimes something as little as free shipping would be enough to sway the deal. Trust me on this the margins were not ever that great. Just like the current scalpers market. The price is always driven by supply/demand.

Gibbo/Scotti and the rest of their team will be on the phone every day to their every one of there suppliers begging for stock.

Associate
Hello, I was in the queue 6th for the 3080 aorus master and I haven't got a email this Friday. (Because easter) now there is 5 graphics cards that will come this week. So that mean I'll be in 1th. Or if I'm lucky someone have cancelled...

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Pretty sure when OCUK buys the cards they are fixed price at the time of allocation. So if you ordered on day one OCUK ordered your card at the "then" day one prices.... Your card should come from this allocation, am I right? @Gibbo @ScottiB.

Besides If OCuk emailed me to say we can give you a card but we need £100 more or whatever I would pay it, however, if they cancelled my order after them having my money for 6 months that would be the end of my 20 years of buying from them.

I paid £684.99 for my Asus 3080 tuf non oc.... I'd pay no more than £780 for one if I could find one.
nope...@Simon Prater is pretty much right about everything other than OcUK being a big company :cry: I'm not sure how you'd judge that tbh....but we're about half the size of our most commonly accepted "competition".

one card which we launched at £541 ex VAT (£649.99 inc) currently costs us £661
another which we launched at £582 (£699.99) currently costs us £734!
premium 3080s are over £800 cost now and still increasing...

circa 5000 back orders...at losses like this? you can do the maths on that, it's probably not sustainable.

Stu

Stu

Soldato

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/posts/34628326

Associate
Perhaps we should all pay a visit to Shamining UK. I hear they have a lot of GFX's. :)

I think they work like the Amazon Store where you take the item and it automatically bills you. I will sit in the van keeping the engine running so we don't get a ticket ;). Can someone grab me a Strix OC while your in there please??

Remember Covid rules masks to be worn at all times and I advise plain non identifiable clothing and a hat or preferably a balaclava. Would not want you getting cold :D:D

Back
Top Bottom