• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Soldato
That the 3080Ti :rolleyes:
Basically .. Nvidia for you.. The 3080 I'm almost now sure they were originally wanting it on the A104 chip instead of the A102 as they did before with the 80 class. Now they will do super refresh and as they did last time remove the original models. The 3080 super may just get a cuda bump who knows, the 11GB thing I said was me being sarcastic at Nvidia and their silly skus.

We will see soon enough really what Nvidia plan to do.

Soldato
This is harsh at best! @ScottiB is just as much an enthusiast as any other here, and if you look past this thread you'll see he is an active forum member, not just an OcUK rep.

I also agree with his post, there is no way we are seeing 4000 series cards hit the market in the next 12 months.

Agree ScottiB is an enthusiast and an enthusiast that has been doing it for many decades clearly by what he says and replies, with age comes maturity and understanding of the enthusiast pc sector. He clearly shows that. The silly replies from new people to the sector are just comical to us that have been in it for decades and comes off as being a total noob (just to make sure that generation understand the point).

But the noobs will keep saying :-

RwOMeMU.gif

So best to just ignore them and let them find a new forum with people of their mentality and experience with pc hardware and software. I'm getting tired of such people and the never ending complaining about prices and when will it get back to msrp everyday 50+ times. It's getting old now and the reality is clearly people not living in the real world and not realising prices of everything has become silly, even food prices and bills.

Associate
Agree ScottiB is an enthusiast and an enthusiast that has been doing it for many decades clearly by what he says and replies, with age comes maturity and understanding of the enthusiast pc sector. He clearly shows that. The silly replies from new people to the sector are just comical to us that have been in it for decades and comes off as being a total noob (just to make sure that generation understand the point).

But the noobs will keep saying :-

RwOMeMU.gif

So best to just ignore them and let them find a new forum with people of their mentality and experience with pc hardware and software. I'm getting tired of such people and the never ending complaining about prices and when will it get back to msrp everyday 50+ times. It's getting old now and the reality is clearly people not living in the real world and not realising prices of everything has become silly, even food prices and bills.
but the customer is always right!!!!!111111111111111111111111

OcUK Staff
Hi there

IMPORTANT UPDATE!

Those of you who have had 3080 back orders since last year, please be checking your email including junk folders over the next few days as we shall be emailing you with alternative cost upgrade options to 3070Ti and 3080Ti at reduced prices compared to the website.

Availability is limited so we shall be offering to those first in the queue.

Associate
Just had a look at the email. Whilst I’m appreciative that OCUK are providing options, it isn’t really feasible for me.

I’m in the queue for the 3080 Eagle OC and paid £650 for mine on release day. My options are:

1. I can pay £40 extra for a 3070TI instead, with invariably worse overall performance by comparison.
  2. Pay another £730 for a card with marginally improved specs.
  3. Hold out and hope that supply gets better.
Ultimately, I know that this isn’t the fault of OCUK and relates to the inability of Nvidia and Gigabyte to get stock to customers at reasonable prices. However, despite OCUK doing what they can, I’m probably going to stick with option 3. I neither want worse performance or to fork out more than double what I originally paid for my card.

Associate
Just had a look at the email. Whilst I’m appreciative that OCUK are providing options, it isn’t really feasible for me.

I’m in the queue for the 3080 Eagle OC and paid £650 for mine on release day. My options are:

1. I can pay £40 extra for a 3070TI instead, with invariably worse overall performance by comparison.
Ultimately, I know that this isn’t the fault of OCUK and relates to the inability of Nvidia and Gigabyte to get stock to customers at reasonable prices. However, despite OCUK doing what they can, I’m probably going to stick with option 3. I neither want worse performance or to fork out more than double what I originally paid for my card.

I'm in position 2 for the TUF OC and the prices are a joke (for the whole market, not pointing to OC alone). It's not feasible for me either, the past year has been rough without needing to pay double the original price.

Edit: I do appreciate the efforts for alternative options though, just not feasible and don't want to sacrifice performance while still paying more

OcUK Staff

We do realise your frustration and hence why we are trying to make options available, we see no hope are prices coming down by the amount they need to do so, yes they will drop but back towards FE MSRP's that is extremely unlikely during the lifespan of these products.

Do I think those who are position 10 or less in the queues should hold, well my advise is that 3080's are unlikely to ship now so its not good, but if I was 10 or less in a queue and did not need the money I'd probably leave my order in just in case a miracle happens, but now it really would be a miracle I am afraid and with the state of supply at present I don't see any miracles happening.

I have not kept upto date on performance, but I believe the 3070Ti is pretty close to the 3080 in performance and I totally agree that the 3080Ti is not worth the extra money as it offers very little additional performance, but we wanted to make the option available whilst we can.

We are seeing some volume on 6800 XT and we do hope to get the price down to under £1000 on those, which could be another solution, but of course they are still way above the original MSRP's.

As I've said for a long time now, keep trying to buy an FE card at MSRP as that is really now the ONLY hope of getting a 3080 at MSRP.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
The problem is, with shipping costs increasing from $1200 per container pre-covid to more than $20,000! in recent weeks, our cost prices are actually still going UP rather than recovering. There also doesn't appear to be any increase in numbers of supplied cards despite supposed reduction in mining demand. All in all, a massive headache.

OcUK Staff
The problem is, with shipping costs increasing from $1200 per container pre-covid to more than $20,000! in recent weeks, our cost prices are actually still going UP rather than recovering. There also doesn't appear to be any increase in numbers of supplied cards despite supposed reduction in mining demand. All in all, a massive headache.

+1

Associate
@ScottiB @Gibbo Hello I am and have been 1st in the queue for the 3080 eagle for over a month. 1 came in and its my understanding that there was an error and it was distributed to the wrong person. I've not had any acknowledgement or even an apology. I'm not saying it's your fault but a public (or at least to people in that queue) announcement/update of that scenario is the least that you could do. I even had a minor back and fourth with @Gibbo asking him if the card was an RMA letting him know I was first in that queue. Again I'm not saying it's your faults I'm just really frustrated at that whole situation and think it was handled poorly because I've not seen another situation of a miss allocated card (definitely could be wrong on that) So is there anything you can let us know about that?

Associate
Yeah, I have sympathy for you guys. As the retailer at the end of the supply chain, I'm sure margins are slim, none or a total loss on a lot of these products. You're also the ones who have to battle with angry consumers who can't get a card or who are being asked to pay over and above the expected price which is entirely the fault of Nvidia.

They probably knew that the £650 MSRP wasn't realistic but they wanted to keep consumers happy and so they went with it. Covid and Brexit have detonated any chance of those price points, and you're having to reap the outcomes.

I don't blame you guys for this at all, but it doesn't help me from being disappointed.

Do you think there's ever a time when OCUK will bite the bullet and just refund customers who are stuck in queues, if you think there's no prospect of fulfilling the orders?

Associate
Just spoke to customer sales and I was told I could swap cards however as the funds I need to buy the card are tied up with my amazon pay order I cant swap at the moment. I was told if I cancel I can call back when I get the refund and I should be able to get a ti, would you be able to confirm if this is the case @Gibbo ?

OcUK Staff
Just spoke to customer sales and I was told I could swap cards however as the funds I need to buy the card are tied up with my amazon pay order I cant swap at the moment. I was told if I cancel I can call back when I get the refund and I should be able to get a ti, would you be able to confirm if this is the case @Gibbo ?

Yes that is correct, Amazon orders cannot be amended unfortunately, so request a cancel/refund and then place a new order with sales over the phone as the discounted pricing is only available over the phone, they will also want your old order number to confirm you had an order on.

OcUK Staff
Yeah, I have sympathy for you guys. As the retailer at the end of the supply chain, I'm sure margins are slim, none or a total loss on a lot of these products. You're also the ones who have to battle with angry consumers who can't get a card or who are being asked to pay over and above the expected price which is entirely the fault of Nvidia.

They probably knew that the £650 MSRP wasn't realistic but they wanted to keep consumers happy and so they went with it. Covid and Brexit have detonated any chance of those price points, and you're having to reap the outcomes.

I don't blame you guys for this at all, but it doesn't help me from being disappointed.

Do you think there's ever a time when OCUK will bite the bullet and just refund customers who are stuck in queues, if you think there's no prospect of fulfilling the orders?

Yes at somepoint we will have to banket cancel and refund all orders.

Associate
I am waiting for a 3080 Tuf OC, I was 13 last update, which was what, say 2 weeks ago, more folk will have bailed, maybe and maybe some will take up this offer, so fingers crossed the next batch that comes in I will score my card, I have waited 10 months I can wait another couple, I mean some have to arrive at some point, don't they? Anyway, it's a nice offer, and I did consider the 3070 Ti Tuf OC for £50 more than I paid for the 3080, I appreciate the offer, and that you are trying to rectify a tough problem that none of us have created. Thanks, but no thanks.

Associate
Yes that is correct, Amazon orders cannot be amended unfortunately, so request a cancel/refund and then place a new order with sales over the phone as the discounted pricing is only available over the phone, they will also want your old order number to confirm you had an order on.
Thanks for confirming this, definitely gonna go for the option now.

Looks like my journey might be at an end soon so I wish everyone else good luck in getting a card.

Associate
The main reason I went for an EVGA 3080 was because it was one of the few models that met the width requirements for my NZXT H1. I suspect that the 3080ti will draw even more power so that’s a no-no is their an equivalent EVGA 3070ti or of the ones that are a possibility which meet the 2.5 slot restriction?

Anyone able to help this idiot? I relied on a spreadsheet from Reddit originally. :D

Back
Top Bottom