• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Wanted to post an image that I found on a Danish shop's website. Not sure how much it is applicable to the UK market but thought I'd share regardless:
FdMkMik

FdMkMik.png

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah I snagged one. Totally shocked that on a random refresh the trolly appeared and it went through.
It's way overpriced for the small gain, but sick of waiting and trying every day wasting sooo much time, so get it and its done.....plus I have 30 days in which I can maybe snag a more friendly 3080.
I hope you enjoy it. We all deserve to after this ordeal.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Odd that they ordered so many with so few pre-orders.
Do you know how purchasing works? lol

They probably ordered 100 from their supplier a long time before the launch and just didn’t get the uptake in orders.

Associate
Do you know how purchasing works? lol

They probably ordered 100 from their supplier a long time before the launch and just didn’t get the uptake in orders.

they ordered 2000 and got pre orders for 300. Quite a lot of stock for a £1500 item.

I would have assumed they'd order say 500 and as they reached 400 in the sales then order some more.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

they ordered 2000 and got pre orders for 300. Quite a lot of stock for a £1500 item.

I would have assumed they'd order say 500 and as they reached 400 in the sales then order some more.
The problem with that “just in time” method is that you are left up the creek without a paddle if the stock is hard to come by.

I agree it’s probably a lot of stock but then again they could have assumed that more buyers would want the premium product ... that is until the 3080 reviews landed and basically shows the 3090 for what it is I.e double the cost for an extra 15-20% performance.

By which time it was too late for them to cancel or amend their orders.

Associate
Possibly.

I'm thinking that it's probably fake made up numbers to reassure people that they've done their part in ordering cards. I doubt even "some other large online shop which is named after a dense forested area" would order that many with their warehouses.

but yeah, I see your point.

Back
Top Bottom