• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I finally got my first email on a queue position today, position 124 on 3090 strix non-OC, surely there must have been some form of movement in the queue for me to get the email.

Unfortunately I don't think so. I got confirmation of my queue position a short while ago and it hasn't changed (still 21). Not sure how the queue updates are set up, but could be based on Strix shipments rather than specific non-oc shipments.

Associate
When is the EVGA 3090 FTW3 going to be shipped? I heard end of October? Are these even making their way to consumers yet?

Also -w hat is the difference between the EVGA 3090 FTW3 and EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra? Can I just flash the BIOS of the non-ultra to get the same outcome?

Associate
Unfortunately I don't think so. I got confirmation of my queue position a short while ago and it hasn't changed (still 21). Not sure how the queue updates are set up, but could be based on Strix shipments rather than specific non-oc shipments.

Would that be true for the queue's themselves too then ? i mean am i 124 in the non-OC queue or am i 124th in just the general 3090 strix queue regardless of OC ?

Caporegime
Would that be true for the queue's themselves too then ? i mean am i 124 in the non-OC queue or am i 124th in just the general 3090 strix queue regardless of OC ?

Its split between the different cards. So if you ordered a none oc card and are 124th, its just for the none oc card. They might be 300 people who all ordered before you in the OC queue.

Caporegime
When is the EVGA 3090 FTW3 going to be shipped? I heard end of October? Are these even making their way to consumers yet?

Also -w hat is the difference between the EVGA 3090 FTW3 and EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra? Can I just flash the BIOS of the non-ultra to get the same outcome?

Yes they are the same card just like the Strix none OC and OC card. The ultra just comes pre overclocked.

Associate
Yes they are the same card just like the Strix none OC and OC card. The ultra just comes pre overclocked.

Much appreciated, thanks for the info.

On release day I was just sat there trying to load bookmarks I'd prepared for product pages, and just clicked on the first one I could load. I've been concerned that the non-ultra would have a weaker power delivery or a lower binned chip, but I'm sure anyone spending c.£1800 on a GPU at the bleeding edge would happily spend another £50-100 to get a better binned chip so figured it'd probably be something to do with the BIOS.

Associate
Hypothetically...you are so gonna get busted for breaking the house rules. If this was a bar, we'd be watching the bouncer walk over to you right now.

Thanks for the heads up though :)

Last edited:
Associate
So my queue position for the MSI Trio x is 24 from 36. Assuming nobody dropped out I've moved 12 positions. Which must mean small batch of 3090 MSIs was only 12. That's how it is, but what is annoying is MSI were available on another site but my money is locked in to OC. They clearly don't have the No1 position in sourcing cards as they say they do :( Its just to risky to bail out now. Like London buses I bet 100 will turn up if I cancel.

Associate
So my queue position for the MSI Trio x is 24 from 36. Assuming nobody dropped out I've moved 12 positions. Which must mean small batch of 3090 MSIs was only 12. That's how it is, but what is annoying is MSI were available on another site but my money is locked in to OC. They clearly don't have the No1 position in sourcing cards as they say they do :( Its just to risky to bail out now. Like London buses I bet 100 will turn up if I cancel.
There were 2 ppl that cancelled a few days ago meaning only 10 cards

Back
Top Bottom