• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Looking at all the various stores online that have put up sheets indicating how many pre-orders they took, stock they received and will receive it seems like the number of cards being distributed is incredibly small like 15 to 25 pieces a week of only 1/3rd of the available SKU's from each OEM being provided to each shop.

Kinda crazy to think that the people who pre-ordered the 3080's are in waitlists in the 1,000-2,000 range for cards trickling out at that pace. Looking at other stores that provided 3090 pre-order numbers it appears to be about 1/3rd to 1/4th the demand compared to the 3080 but still a trickle of cards. A lot of stores I checked out had only had 1 to 2 deliveries of 3090's across 15 available SKU's from the various OEM's.

I'm really thinking there's something wrong with the manufacturing because the stock deliveries are so extremely low, it's not just a case of high demand like there is a trickle of cards being delivered to retailers to begin with.

Kind of strikes me as a paper launch to get ahead of Big Navi to be honest. Although I'm aware of the Covid situation I think NVIDIA could have pushed the launch back to mid November and had thousands of cards available at all the retailers instead of what looks like 100 or less at the biggest e-tailers (Overclockers and so forth).

Looking at all the various stores online that have put up sheets indicating how many pre-orders they took, stock they received and will receive it seems like the number of cards being distributed is incredibly small like 15 to 25 pieces a week of only 1/3rd of the available SKU's from each OEM being provided to each shop.

Kinda crazy to think that the people who pre-ordered the 3080's are in waitlists in the 1,000-2,000 range for cards trickling out at that pace. Looking at other stores that provided 3090 pre-order numbers it appears to be about 1/3rd to 1/4th the demand compared to the 3080 but still a trickle of cards. A lot of stores I checked out had only had 1 to 2 deliveries of 3090's across 15 available SKU's from the various OEM's.

I'm really thinking there's something wrong with the manufacturing because the stock deliveries are so extremely low, it's not just a case of high demand like there is a trickle of cards being delivered to retailers to begin with.

Kind of strikes me as a paper launch to get ahead of Big Navi to be honest. Although I'm aware of the Covid situation I think NVIDIA could have pushed the launch back to mid November and had thousands of cards available at all the retailers instead of what looks like 100 or less at the biggest e-tailers (Overclockers and so forth).

There's been "sources" talking of Nvidia who are hoarding GDDR6X modules until end of this month to flood the market with 10k++ 3090's and orders of magnitude of that in 3080's, mainly to drown out AMD noise when their launches approach.
Apparently AIB's don't have any memory modules left to use; so they are trying best they can. Or maybe there's some inner axe of nvidia looming over, who knows.

Back
Top Bottom