• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Hello, what is everyone's opinion on this video:
https://youtu.be/zmbvUK93npo

TLDR: Nvidia has created an artificial demand of their cards and have around 300k that they will drop around november time. This seems to be reinforced by their massive buy up of ddr6x last month suggesting a stockpile before a massive dump.

Please post a warning before linking to garbage like Moores law is dead, I have to go scrub my internet history now ;)

Associate
Please post a warning before linking to garbage like Moores law is dead, I have to go scrub my internet history now ;)
Isn’t he known to chat s***?
I’ve also read that he is a amd shill on this forum somewhere I will however not post sources as I’m far to lazy.
I’ve never really watched him personally so I don’t have my own opinion.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Hey, guys. If my order was placed on the 3rd what are the chances of me getting the asus 3090 strix oc before or around cyberpunk's release? :( I haven't got my queue email at all yet, my heart is sinking lol

You are probably no 400 in the queue. So far with them coming in 10 a week you are going to need numbers ramping up a lot to fulfill that. I think I am no 350ish and I dont expect my card until early December if I am lucky.

Caporegime
Hello, what is everyone's opinion on this video:
https://youtu.be/zmbvUK93npo

TLDR: Nvidia has created an artificial demand of their cards and have around 300k that they will drop around november time. This seems to be reinforced by their massive buy up of ddr6x last month suggesting a stockpile before a massive dump.

Even if true 300k wont fulfill all the preorders round the world so people will still be waiting until December.

Associate
so it now nearly 6pm and ive not seen 1 person post saying their 3090 strix oc has been dispatched so i assume the small amount of strix 3090 that were due in today either didn't turn up or turned up and went as straight into prepaid builds :rolleyes:

Associate
it seems they are holding back a second order i have for a load of other stuff until they have the 3090 order, which honestly is a bit annoying since i actually do have an old 1080 strix i can put into the build and then add the 3090 later. i think this makes me a pre build with assembly required? haha

Associate
it seems they are holding back a second order i have for a load of other stuff until they have the 3090 order, which honestly is a bit annoying since i actually do have an old 1080 strix i can put into the build and then add the 3090 later. i think this makes me a pre build with assembly required? haha
You can ask them to split your order into two

Associate
The emails may not have even been sent out yet

I hope we hear something today then , its a bit annoying to see others receive theirs from a competitor site while those of us who stuck with OC are still sat here eagerly awaiting news of even 1 being dispatched ... even if they only got 10 in and sent them out id still be happy as at least we know there is actually movement on the strix queue:)

Associate
thing is, if the prebuild theory is true, we know there are the highest number of orders for strix ocs and therefore i reckon theyd also be most popular for prebuilds.

edit: on the other hand i think they have not been telling us about some deliveries they've had unless they will be sent out to us

Associate
Gibbos delivery thread is not for prebuilts - surely it’s purely for stand alone cards? It’s more than likely the cards just didn’t turn up today & will arrive tomorrow.

Associate
Anyone seen Linus’ video this evening?

he’s doing some SLI benchmarks with 2 Strix OC 3090’s. he’s left the peel on one of them as he has to return it to ASUS, they’re in that short supply!

Associate
Is your girlfriend called Claudia Ebaylis?

lol no, the wife is real ;) just took a lot longer to install her card as I had to reposition the pump/res for the 3090 to fit!

EkY1pl1XcAEwX_1

Back
Top Bottom