• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
6th here, I'm just bunging it in my current PC for now
Putting off ordering the rest for a rebuild until after christmas at this rate

I should have done that... this is my first pc build... so yeah.. started ordering parts in september.. so until the 3090 arrives.. I have some fancy paper weights getting outdated.. xD

Associate
I should have done that... this is my first pc build... so yeah.. started ordering parts in september.. so until the 3090 arrives.. I have some fancy paper weights getting outdated.. xD
Oh I have a monoblock I bought from EK last month just sat on a shelf right now. Had to order that to avoid issues with stock, only for a bunch of other stuff to go out of stock. Case included

Associate
Personally, it will be a cold day in hell before I ever consider an MSI product of any kind. I've seen on/off availability of MSI cards and I'm wondering if that is because they're feeling the pinch due to others like myself that feel the same. MSI RTX cards are totally off the table as far as I'm concerned.
I’d never used MSI before but after leaving the strix queue and getting an msi gaming x trio in a matter of days later I’ve got to say I’m more than happy with it,it’s an amazing card and I won’t miss the strix

Associate
I am really thinking of quitting this queue but not because ive ordered from elsewhere. Im thinking of jus quitting until stocks are more plentiful. I dont want to pay this price for a card thats 6 months old by time I get it. This is the worst experience ive ever had buying anything, its nearly double what ive paid for a graphics card before and I dont want it to be out of date by time it drops thru my door. How are you all thinking? I also hear AMD may suffer the same shortage problems

Associate
People typically avoid MSI for reasons that have nothing to do with product quality

True.

Personally I'm never putting a single penny into a company which got caught scalping it's own cards. It just shows utter contempt for their customers. I know some people are going to jump in here and say "oh you can't blame the whole company for one rogue employee" but the fact is that it happened and at best just demonstrates a total lack of oversight and accountability. No. They can do one. I've seen brand embargo's put in place within other companies for much less. There is a reputational aspect here which goes much deeper than most consumers realise. Who you trade with and your companies values are important to investors.

Associate

You could buy a cheap £30 gfx card just to install everything and get your system set up. Then when you 3090 arrives, just switch them over.

Associate
Position 4 for a non oc strix for over 6 weeks. Never moved. The other uk site - in queue for same time - position 12 - never moved.

Few days ago hatched a plan to get one from the states - arrived today. So much hate for UK quotas (I don't blame OCUK or the other place - manufacturer should have never told them to advertise the non oc version).

Associate
Just picked up a Gainward 3090 Phoenix GS off the auction site that shall not be named for £70 LESS than the PNY XLR8 card on Overclockers that was in stock today, same card but the Gainward is slightly faster at 1725 vs 1695 boost (even has the same cooler).

Well, provided it turns up, thank the lord for PayPal protection. Guess I'll find out soon as should be here by Friday.

Strange times when a scalper is charging less than an actual retailer.

Back
Top Bottom