• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Good to see some ppl got more strix 3090s , makes me somewhat hopeful , I was in position 108, so hopefully I’ve moved up at least 37 seeing as who was 37th in queue got shipping confirmation

Associate
DPD rocked up today :D

77GmSIZ.jpg
Glad you got your card !! What position were you in queue? Trying to guess how far I’ve moved up since I didn’t get an email yet.Hoping next shipment comes in soon , I’m sick of gibbos posts saying small amount , okay amount like stfu and post the actual numbers ffs like he did in his most recent post. Who’s dumb idea was it to word incoming stock as small to large "amounts" that’s a joke in and of itself . No one wants to be guessing how many card are coming for the model they want. OC needs to stop this clownery and be transparent with the amounts that are coming.

Associate
Installed the 3090 Strix OC and slapped the EKWB block on it. EKWB forgot to include the screws for the back plate so that is being hold only by 2 of the screws. Still makes solid contact, will sort that later.

The massive downside is the pretty extreme coil whine. There are reports from various users out there and I can totally verify that it's an issue...

Timespy score went from 10402 with 1080ti
https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/52941532
To 20087 with the 3090:
https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/52959723

Anyway, I hope you have better luck with the coil whine!

Last edited:
Associate
Gutted for you, my 3090FE is going back because of coil while and some cosmetic marks on the front.
People talking about coil whine and returning their 3090. Meanwhile : *me checking this forum every day for gibbos announcements of small amounts* I wish I could just get mine already :’( much sad

Associate
Wait so did a bunch of 3090 strix OCS ship today then? I saw gibbo mention 10 were on route but cooper said his shipped today and he was 37th?
No he said small amount which is 10-30 , which is ******** , we should get the actual numbers of cards coming in. It only confuses us who bloody paid for the card, they need to be more transparent, instead of hiding numbers like they don’t know how many they are getting. It’s a ploy to stop people cancelling orders. Hopefully I’ve moved up 20-25places , I’m sure there were cancellations

Associate
I've got a full customer water-cooled system so coil whine would drive me mad. I had to return a LG 38GL950 monitor because it had some coil whine / fan noise from the g-sync module.

Seems a few people now complaining about it.

I'd return a GPU for coil whine and have done on the 2080ti 1st one was terrible and the current one is almost silent.

Soldato
Glad you got your card !! What position were you in queue? Trying to guess how far I’ve moved up since I didn’t get an email yet.Hoping next shipment comes in soon , I’m sick of gibbos posts saying small amount , okay amount like stfu and post the actual numbers ffs like he did in his most recent post. Who’s dumb idea was it to word incoming stock as small to large "amounts" that’s a joke in and of itself . No one wants to be guessing how many card are coming for the model they want. OC needs to stop this clownery and be transparent with the amounts that are coming.

Got mine from a competitor mate sorry, they popped up in stock so nabbed one quickly - it's going in a friend's build not mine - I only play CSGO so doesnt justify a 3090 for myself. I am not going to bash Gibbo or OCUK, I did try get one from OC originally but other suppliers in the UK seem to be doing a lot better in terms of stock for the higher end cards at the moment, not sure why.

Zotacs and Palits seem to be instock frequently everywhere, but no one wants them

Associate
No he said small amount which is 10-30 , which is ******** , we should get the actual numbers of cards coming in. It only confuses us who bloody paid for the card, they need to be more transparent, instead of hiding numbers like they don’t know how many they are getting. It’s a ploy to stop people cancelling orders. Hopefully I’ve moved up 20-25places , I’m sure there were cancellations
More conspiracy theories, wow

They’ve told me all codes have already been allocated.

either they’re talk BS or they’ve allocated them to cars that haven’t shipped yet
Yes that's how it works. They ran out of codes on the 3080 launch anyway

I’ve asked them if they know anyway of getting these codes we were sold when pre ordering
If it's not on your invoice then you weren't "sold" it at all

Back
Top Bottom