• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I remember the manufacturers on twitter saying stuff like "You'll have your card by the end of October" (EVGA) and "we're ramping up in November, there will be lots of stock" (Asus).

I check the stock thread from Gibbo: "10pc Strix 3090 OC due in next 2-3 days."

haha I mean this is just bizarre. Never seen a launch like this before in the almost 20 years I've been building systems. This is officially the longest I've ever had to wait for a component after placing an order now too. At this rate, being over 350+ in queue for this Strix 3090 OC I'm not expecting to get it until January 2021 and maybe even later than that.

Associate
You're right....I've never known anything like it either....and I thought it was a long wait for my I9 10900K which took about 3 weeks!

I've been trying to hunt down a Asus Strix 3090 for a while now...as I have the water blocks from EK for the 3080/90 Strix and I have a 3080 Strix Non OC on pre order with OC.....but with no news of them actually coming in and 3080's even harder to find, I've resigned myself to trying to find a 3090.

Funny thing is...I could have nabbed a 3090 multiple times...but from other manufacturers, the Asus cards seem to be one of the rarest items on the planet!

I'd love to know what's really going on behind the scenes.

Associate
Is that right? Have they removed the Asus cards? Does this mean were still get ours? Has anyone asked Ocuk for the reason?
Now im really worried, im about 150 in queue, no update for a week and this happens.

Associate
Yeah I got my blocks and the backplate...as I ordered them on release date, knowing I wanted a Strix.....now I have £230 worth of water-cooling for a card I cant get hold of ha

I didn't order the block or backplate from EK yet because I was thinking if I really can't get a Strix or Asus change the board even slightly it would be incompatible. I noticed some of the early versions of the block EK sent to reviewers didn't actually fit the Strix due to two tall capacitors and I think this may be why EK delayed the block while the TUF one wasn't delayed.

I'll just run the card on air for a few weeks if it comes to that but I have a feeling the block and backplate will be much easier to get next year which is probably the time I'll get a card!

Associate
My 3090 strix oc has just been picked ready for despatch from the competition. I got the watchdogs code as well. Does anyone want to swap for the code for the call of duty one? Hallelujah!! It’s finally happening.:D

Associate
My 3090 strix oc has just been picked ready for despatch from the competition. I got the watchdogs code as well. Does anyone want to swap for the code for the call of duty one? Hallelujah!! It’s finally happening.:D

Was that an original order from release day? or did you manage to pick one up recently? (just wondering if they actually appear on UK sites)

Associate
Just got dispatch email for Gigabyte Xtreme. Certainly taught this old dog new tricks. No more pre-ordering.

Cancelled Strix OC order here. Was 178 in queue as of today.

Last edited:
Associate
Got mine from a competitor mate sorry, they popped up in stock so nabbed one quickly - it's going in a friend's build not mine - I only play CSGO so doesnt justify a 3090 for myself. I am not going to bash Gibbo or OCUK, I did try get one from OC originally but other suppliers in the UK seem to be doing a lot better in terms of stock for the higher end cards at the moment, not sure why.

Zotacs and Palits seem to be instock frequently everywhere, but no one wants them
Can you privately tell me which competitor ? Sick of waiting tbh , I’m in queue position 62 now :/ after over a month of waiting. It feels so slow just waiting to finish my pc

Back
Top Bottom