• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti, the flagship reinvented

G J

G J

Associate
Well the scalpers have nothing really to lose as they can just return the card for a refund within a timeframe.

Madness as I'm limited to lower consumption cards as I only have a 500w psu but it makes me feel uneasy knowing there's cards out there using 450w+ and soon be 600w ones. :eek:

Soldato
The Roll of Idiots, more like.

Guys can we drop all the toxic comments and name calling. It is getting really silly on this section now with all the bickering and name calling.

Rule 1... what people decide to buy is their business not yours and it's their money not yours.. (also remember people buying at the top end (enterprise too) are subsidising the cards down the stack and always has been this way with worse binned chips at a more realistic price for the masses, don't shoot the people at the top end as they help to make the cards at your range better priced, fact before anyone argues about this.)

Rule 2... all the bickering about this is better than that is also getting tiring because this is a forum full of enthusiasts and we all/most know the limits of each product when we buy them and the fact some products may have a short lifespan or has some other advantage or limit, the never ending back and forth is not helping anyone. Lets keep it tech talk rather than fanboy mentality or because what you purchased and trying to protect it, all products have disadvantages and advantages in any field.

Rule 3... stop trying to troll people because you managed to buy x product and then saying it was easy to get and reality was it wasn't and you just got lucky and then winding people up that paid a lot more for the same thing, the people that purchased for more knew at the time they were paying more so no need to rub it in all the time, it was just the facts of the time we live in and only way for most to get a card or any other product was to pay more, yes most of us knew it was a bad idea at the time but reality is it was needed at the time too, so the rubbing it in their face all the time says a lot about you..have some sympathy.

OK back to the topic of the section guys and girls .. been a lot of good tech last 2 years to keep us all busy, just we should all hope now is it stays that way and not stagnate in the world we are living in now and the cost of things, energy use and as we clearly see Moore's Law is starting to struggle and devices now are using a lot of watts and future ones look scary too if not more scary than what we have now.

Soldato
aUkJKpm.jpg

3090 Ti FE board and guessing this will be the same board for the 40 series too as you can see many phase areas missing as this will be all populated for the higher power use of the 40 series cards. Guessing the rumour of the 40 series chips being pin to pin compatible with Ampere is starting to look true. So the 40 series will have coolers probably that look very similar to the FE ones now and how they cool the cards.

Soldato
The card is an idiotic choice. Literally every single reviewer has said that.

Come on, knock the trolling, victim-playing idiocy off ..:rolleyes: ..

Ohh the card is silly for sure and can't be defended when the 3090 FE is still available if you need 24GB VRAM, but the comment calling people names is not cool. Also go check OCUKs stock now from yesterday on the 3090Ti... all sold out and people said they wouldn't.. FE 3090Ti still in stock because people could grab an AIB for same price with a better cooler, but they will all sell out too.

Permabanned

Reviewer's tend not to be NASA material, hence they end up begging for clicks.

The 3090Ti looks like a great card with terrible power efficiency. It's not for those on lower budgets.

Don

No one is doing anything of the sort. They are just expressing an opinion.

Why you had to paste a wall of idiotic text is beyond me.

Opinion is fine, calling people idiots is not. It is a GPU that by the sound of it is not fore you. I suggest your refresh yourself with the GPU section rules.

First and final warning to everyone, keep it to knocking the GPU and release etc. Start calling people idiots or anything else will result in loss of access to this section.

Soldato
(also remember people buying at the top end (enterprise too) are subsidising the cards down the stack and always has been this way with worse binned chips at a more realistic price for the masses, don't shoot the people at the top end as they help to make the cards at your range better priced, fact before anyone argues about this.)
I don't care about the other argument going on, however I don't think this statement is true. The top end cards are halo product to move the actual money makers which is the mid to low end. My assumption is that margins are smaller (not by a huge amount) but the volumes more than make up for the smaller margins.

Associate
Hahaha i said that to myself after reading the question about a ROH thread and 2 seconds later read your post.

Honour (noun):
1. High respect; great esteem.
2. The quality of knowing and doing what is morally right.
3. Regard with great respect.

Apparently allowing yourself to be fleeced by Nvidia gives you this. :D

Caporegime
aUkJKpm.jpg

3090 Ti FE board and guessing this will be the same board for the 40 series too as you can see many phase areas missing as this will be all populated for the higher power use of the 40 series cards. Guessing the rumour of the 40 series chips being pin to pin compatible with Ampere is starting to look true. So the 40 series will have coolers probably that look very similar to the FE ones now and how they cool the cards.

The fe cards will be an iffy prospect then, the "silencer" cooler on the 3090ti is struggling to stay cool and quiet with the 90ti card and that's as big a cooler as there's ever been on an fe card. Nvidia generally keep the same cooler design for a good while, the big exception being turing as that was a crap cooler from the off.

Back
Top Bottom