• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 4090 STOCK SITUATION & OcUK YOUTUBE REVIEWS - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Nope.

Strix and Suprim were best selling cards.
Suprim is my fav AIB card mate and would def have bought it if I hadn't managed to get an FE. It looks lovely.
As for the Strix, I think there are some (rich) people who only buy Strix components. :confused:

Overclockers UK is for the gamers not the bots! Pm @Gibbo if you have any concerns!

IMG-20221021-224400.jpg

Meanwhile I've got mine working hard, making sure I don't have a dud, only 67c! In this case! Crazy 980 ti was 83c in this very same case!

Reactions: Rup
Overclockers UK is for the gamers not the bots! Pm @Gibbo if you have any concerns!

IMG-20221021-224400.jpg

Meanwhile I've got mine working hard, making sure I don't have a dud, only 67c! In this case! Crazy 980 ti was 83c in this very same case!

It took me a few minutes to realize, that's a thick card! Does it take up 4 slots but the bracket is only 3 slots?

Last edited:
Then again I was one of the few to get an order through on day uno.

Be very careful what card you order guys, even though I'm happy with the default clocks, my power slider only goes up to %110, which means when my card comes to end of warranty I won't be able to over clock as high as the cards that can do %135 or %130.

I have all the necessary cables plugged in, the card is grounded by the two top pins.. sooo thanks zotac

Last edited:
Then again I was one of the few to get an order through on day uno.

Be very careful what card you order guys, even though I'm happy with the default clocks, my power slider only goes up to %110, which means when my card comes to end of warranty I won't be able to over clock as high as the cards that can do %135 or %130.

I have all the necessary cables plugged in, the card is grounded by the two top pins.. sooo thanks zotac
Considering you'll get 95% of the cards max performance between 300-400w it seems silly to crank the card to 600w for an extra 5% and even more so putting the extra strain on the card when your warranty is out.

Considering you'll get 95% of the cards max performance between 300-400w it seems silly to crank the card to 600w for an extra 5% and even more so putting the extra strain on the card when your warranty is out.
While you're correct in some of what you're saying @Joxeon you're wrong about out of warranty and overclocking.

By the time we are out of warranty that 5% might mean playing a game at 30 FPS or not! you're regret buying the wrong card then, trust!

Then again zotac is the only manufacturer to offer 5 years warranty! Which is something I intend to make use of this generation round. (Registration with zotac required)

So it's a choice between overclocking more or a longer lasting card, I know which I choose.

Last edited:
While you're correct in some of what you're saying @Joxeon you're wrong about out of warranty and overclocking.

By the time we are out of warranty that 5% might mean playing a game at 30 FPS or not! you're regret buying the wrong card then, trust!

Then again zotac is the only manufacturer to offer 5 years warranty! Which is something I intend to make use of this generation round. (Registration with zotac required)

So it's a choice between overclocking more or a longer lasting card, I know which I choose.
If your game is only running at 30fps then a 5% gain just means a boost to 31.5fps which is even more pointless for a 200w increase.

I've had bad luck ordering launch items lately, The GameRock OC 4090 and then the Asus ROG Z790 HERO board both stright to pre orders any idea how many weeks wait for those motherboards to come in @Gibbo still hoping for end of next week for the GPU

Back
Top Bottom