• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 4090 STOCK SITUATION & OcUK YOUTUBE REVIEWS - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

For me it is a combination of over the top prices (I'm aiming for a FE around January if possible) and the cables.

I'm sure some people will take those into account and buy them anyway, and I sure there are other reasons not to buy some.

I'm just surprised they have not been snapped up for resale.

This is the third opportunity I've passed on to get a 4090 now,
Wanted the FE but never got the chance at one,
Given the issues with connectors and the insane cost i think I'm just going to pass altogether this generation,
Mainly wanted it for vr, which I don't play huge amounts of.

I think the Palits will remain is stock for while as the GPU is reviewed by Buildzoid as the worst 4090 pcb design he's seen so far and cant believe Nvidia approved the thing..

Personally if I'm spending 2k on a card, I wont be wanting to scrape the bottom of the barrel thankyouverymuch!!

Still holding out for a TUF, or an FE if I can press buy faster than a bot :D

Prices reduced, still in stock

I think at some point Nvidia and AIB's are going to have to rethink their pricing strategy.. There's only so many desperate buyers prepared to spend 2k on the 'cheapo' cards. Let alone the better quality models. I'm comfortable enough to have 2k to throw at a card, but I certainly want to feel like I'm getting quality hardware while I'm being scalped.

Hi Guys

I purchased a Palit (non OC) 4090 this morning around 10am. Was this an in stock item? Or a pre-order. I couldn't find any details and had no update emails from OCUK other than order accepted.

I would usually avoid brands such as Palit, but didn't want to wait. I currently have a Gaming X Trio 3090 but it struggles in VR in MSFS. I have seen reviews showing a good performance increase in VR (up to double the FPS) - so fingers crossed.

Reactions: Rup
They have been around a long time have Palit there is nothing wrong with them, it's just a brand thing.

Ye, I have actually owned a Palit before, years ago (can't remember what card it was). The only negative I remember from it was a very noisy fan and a lot of vibrations. I'm a bit of a noise snob with my PC and have everything silent until temperatures rise, then fans kick in. Fingers crossed it'll be just fine :D

Anyone know if they are actually in stock at all? I have seen people mention there is no pre-orders this time around. I ordered and paid for Saturday delivery in the hopes I might be able to have a play about this weekend.

Ye, I have actually owned a Palit before, years ago (can't remember what card it was). The only negative I remember from it was a very noisy fan and a lot of vibrations. I'm a bit of a noise snob with my PC and have everything silent until temperatures rise, then fans kick in. Fingers crossed it'll be just fine :D

Anyone know if they are actually in stock at all? I have seen people mention there is no pre-orders this time around. I ordered and paid for Saturday delivery in the hopes I might be able to have a play about this weekend.

Hopefully you will be fine, been using my Palit 4090 OC a few days now and it's really impressive at 4k, temps have not gone above 64c and no sign of coil whine like some card are suffering from.

They are in stock you could always call them to confirm ?

I had a Palit GamingPro 3090 and it was a fantastic card apart from the poor cooler which was hot and loud. Put a water block on it and was perfect. I now have my first ever 4090 X Trio and it's so quiet in comparison!

Back
Top Bottom