• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*****NVIDIA GTX 780 IS HERE & IN STOCK - GET ONE TODAY!!**

Associate
Cracking work by Nvidia marketing department.

Release an insane card (Titan) at an insane price, then release a new generation top end card and explain how much of a bargain it is because its not as bad as the Titan price but close in performance.

/bravo

Caporegime
Titan performance for £200-£250 less..almost looks like a bargain. £550-£600 for a card is still a lot. People who bought Titan should have waited for this xD

And people who buy this should have waited for the 9970 and people who buy the 9970 should have waited for the 880 etc etc etc.

Anyone who bought a Titan should have known that the 7 series was only 2 months away and I for one am pleased to see the 780 perform so well and even surpass a Titan for £250 less. Good work Nvidia :)

Associate
Ordered a pair of EVGA cards but only one for me. Going by the reviews so far this seems the perfect single card solution for 1440p.

Indeed, this card is basically the perfect choice for me at the resolution of my monitor (2560x1440) - it's not as expensive as the Titan but only a bit less powerful, and a 680 just wouldn't cut it at max quality with the newest games at this resolution.

I am happy with the price of the EVGA 780 that I bought, and I'm sure I'll be happy with the performance. :D

Associate
Looking at the price's of the gtx 780's in this country compared to the usa price's it really does seem that the us companies are delibratly charging us more....

Soldato
Well I'm pretty sure if Nvidia get away with this pricing for a stock 780 and therefore this is the way future gpu's prices are going then my 7950 will be my last graphics card. The Xbox One is now looking pretty good, Microsoft must be having a quiet chuckle to themselves. I would say top end Pc gaming is now solely for the rich. Makes me realise what a fantastic buy my 7950 was for £235. Of course we are now relying on Amd to come back at Nvidia with a 780 destroyer for £350. :)

Mmm.... going to Usa tomorrow will have a look at pricing when I'm there.....might as well have a wee look. ;)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Only you can answer that tbh.

I already know the answer. :)

It is a bit like asking you the same thing about your HD 7970s

People will point out that you would have done better to go for 3 x HD 7950s, but I think you are very happy with your HD 7970s for the same reason I am happy with my cards.

I think there are going to be a lot of silly comments stating that us Titan owners should have waited for the GTX 780, but unfortunately the GTX 780 does not give me what I want.:)

Having said that I think the GTX 780 for where it is targeted is an absolutely top notch card, I even thought about buying a GTX 780 but in the end I thought that would be me being a bit ott.

Associate
I already know the answer. :)

It is a bit like asking you the same thing about your HD 7970s

People will point out that you would have done better to go for 3 x HD 7950s, but I think you are very happy with your HD 7970s for the same reason I am happy with my cards.

I think there are going to be a lot of silly comments stating that us Titan owners should have waited for the GTX 780, but unfortunately the GTX 780 does not give me what I want.:)

Having said that I think the GTX 780 for where it is targeted is an absolutely top notch card, I even thought about buying a GTX 780 but in the end I thought that would be me being a bit ott.

I say no; you were right to go for Titans.

Money clearly wasn't an issue for you and you obviously wanted the best-of-the-best and the 780s required you to wait. Even though the performance differences may not be massive, it is still there, and you've certainly got peace of mind with regards to future-proofing your system. You shouldn't need an upgrade for a while!

I guess if someone wants one or multiple cards now, the 780 would be compelling.

Back
Top Bottom