• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*****NVIDIA GTX 780 IS HERE & IN STOCK - GET ONE TODAY!!**

Associate
And people who buy this should have waited for the 9970 and people who buy the 9970 should have waited for the 880 etc etc etc.

Anyone who bought a Titan should have known that the 7 series was only 2 months away and I for one am pleased to see the 780 perform so well and even surpass a Titan for £250 less. Good work Nvidia :)

Yeah but the price difference between the two is so huge in such a close release span that playing the wait game would have been worth it (for most).

Last edited:
Soldato
I already know the answer. :)

It is a bit like asking you the same thing about your HD 7970s

People will point out that you would have done better to go for 3 x HD 7950s, but I think you are very happy with your HD 7970s for the same reason I am happy with my cards.

I think there are going to be a lot of silly comments stating that us Titan owners should have waited for the GTX 780, but unfortunately the GTX 780 does not give me what I want.:)

Having said that I think the GTX 780 for where it is targeted is an absolutely top notch card, I even thought about buying a GTX 780 but in the end I thought that would be me being a bit ott.

+1 :D

Soldato
I already know the answer. :)

It is a bit like asking you the same thing about your HD 7970s

People will point out that you would have done better to go for 3 x HD 7950s, but I think you are very happy with your HD 7970s for the same reason I am happy with my cards.

I think there are going to be a lot of silly comments stating that us Titan owners should have waited for the GTX 780, but unfortunately the GTX 780 does not give me what I want.:)

Having said that I think the GTX 780 for where it is targeted is an absolutely top notch card, I even thought about buying a GTX 780 but in the end I thought that would be me being a bit ott.

Nah I paid on average 300 quid maybe less for my 7970's a few months after release :D

Associate
Extremely lucky these came out when they did, only had a couple of days left on my EVGA step-up program. Going by the reviews it wasn't even a difficult decision to upgrade :)

Cracking work by Nvidia marketing department.

Release an insane card (Titan) at an insane price, then release a new generation top end card and explain how much of a bargain it is because its not as bad as the Titan price but close in performance.

/bravo

Exactly.

It's a straight con job, I knew that was their strategy from the start.

Caporegime
Yeah but the price difference between the two is so huge in such a close release span that playing the wait game would have been worth it (for most).

That is your opinion but for me and many other Titan owners I know, your opinion is wrong. Quite a few of us are triple screen gamers and 3GB of VRAM just doesn't cut it with full details on in games like Crysis3.

Not a dig at you but so many think like yourself and don't give thoughts to what systems people have and what resolutions they use. :)

Man of Honour
That is your opinion but for me and many other Titan owners I know, your opinion is wrong. Quite a few of us are triple screen gamers and 3GB of VRAM just doesn't cut it with full details on in games like Crysis3.

Not a dig at you but so many think like yourself and don't give thoughts to what systems people have and what resolutions they use. :)

+1

Soldato

That is the thing, for such a set-up the extra 3gb is extremely valuable. It could literally be the difference between playable and unplayable frame-rates in certain scenarios, regardless of the gpu grunt.

Now in an SLI set-up such as yours greg, is that worth an extra £600+ over what a 780 SLI would cost, only you can answer that. But I would wager that it would be worth it when the VRAM issue would potentially have ruined your gaming experience!

If I was a Titan owner, I have to be honest, I would be a little upset at this cards arrival so soon after splashing out serious cash, but again it comes down to the individuals set-up and requirements. If you require more than the 3GB of VRAM and the grunt that can only be derived from multi highend gpu's then you had little choice but to go Titan SLI. And who is anybody here to say you have wasted x amount of £'s. I'm sure you can afford it and get what you would consider your monies worth out of them.

bru

bru

Soldato
I thought the argument was that most titans were bought for their compute performance, with the capped FP64 performance of the 780, why would most titan owners wished they had waited.;)

Or is this argument not being used anymore as it doesn't show the point being made. :D

Back
Top Bottom