• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GTX 970 OWNERS THREAD

My MSI 970 does 1500/8000 with ease. So all those saying Gibbo was given a binned chip and that most of us won't reach those clocks can go suck it :D

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/4102523

Which none believers said that? Idiots! :rolleyes:

I test as a customer would test, I take one and only one and see how I get on, no binning or hardware modifications. For all I know could have had a crap clocker.

Anyway the none believers can clearly see how wrong they were plenty of people already beating my clocks. :)

I still don't think that's what it's boosting too. The MSI boosts to more than that without touching anything so seems a little strange the boost clock would be that low on the EVGA with an overclock, just can't see how it would score the same as 1500mhz 970's are achieving.

True that does seem low for the FTW version given it stock clocks are about that much anyway.

Still 2000 points is quite a significant bottleneck no on my cousins system?

Depends how noisy you want it to be TBH, bear in mind 970 SLI is going to be dumping less heat than a 295X2 which is cooled by a single 120mm slim rad so anything over that basically means less fan speed required :)

except the 295X2 rad isn't ideal ........... it only just cools it

so for a far more efficient 970 SLI you'd probably only need a 240 x 60 water cooling kit, maybe only 160 quid........... i think a 240 x 25mm might be too slim

Sounds like you guys are enjoying your new purchases...Nvidia seem to have blown everyones socks off!:)

I'm a 970 wannabe owner so I hope you guys don't mind the intrusion:p

Just checked my order history and my last purchase from OCUK was in 2011(:o) of my old faithful 480 number two! Monday will be order day I think:D

I've got to decide which brand? my 480's are Palit and Zotac and have worked flawlessly... any suggestions guys?

I guess I'd like a brand that will honour warranty after a cooler change, has there been any info on this?

:)

Depends entirely on the chip, the G1 has the highest out of the box boost so that may help a bit but any 970 will boost to that anyway.

Actually the Zotac card has the highest and is also a 3 fan design, it's also 40 quid more than the MSI though. May as well buy a 980 :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom