• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA HAVE YOUR CAKE AND EAT IT - GPU PRICE CUTS AT OcUK!

VB6

VB6

Associate
Just really disappointed in the industry that we find ourselves here, years down the line of a generation and on the eve of a new generation of GPUs.

It's gone past poor value, it's borderline trolling.

Fair play to OCUK again for being one of if not the cheapest but it just isn't anywhere near enough.

OcUK Staff
OP
Just really disappointed in the industry that we find ourselves here, years down the line of a generation and on the eve of a new generation of GPUs.

It's gone past poor value, it's borderline trolling.

Fair play to OCUK again for being one of if not the cheapest but it just isn't anywhere near enough.

Thank you, unfortunately I can only do what I can within my power.
To give you some thought, I absolutely screamed, stomped my feet demanding we can hit MSRP or below if possible and it is literally like extracting blood from a stone. I do feel their pain the AIC's on some SKU's are losing huge money, but I did go back and say well you also made huge money, give and take along with all that.

As for some data, our £299 3060 which is best price in the UK we have used marketing support to get our cost down and even with said support at £299 were making only 2% margin which means were losing money on that product due to what it cost to run the company along with merchant fees etc, but like I say we have a blend of product, on some we make higher margin, on some we even lose money, but it all balances out.

Though it is still not good enough, particular even 3080Ti at £799 which is vastly below MSRP, but for people on forums it is still not good enough, all we can do is keep pushing and trying for better, as for the general market the prices are working, the 3080 10G sold out fast and we had a few hundred, the 3090's have now sold out too and all our 3090Ti are also nearly sold out. Rest assured I am not buying more until AIC's give me an even better price to push prices even lower, but that is proving one tough battle, but I never give up......

Just remember OcUK is pushing like crazy and doing one of the best deals in the UK at getting price points even lower and I will never stop fighting to push the prices lower. Question is if NVIDIA only release as rumoured a flagship new card at a high price it will probably give breathing room for 3000 series to then sell out over Q4 before new further stuff no doubt comes next year. But the total opposite could happen, plus AMD will no doubt drop new product towards end of year as well.

Soldato
To give you some thought, I absolutely screamed, stomped my feet demanding we can hit MSRP or below if possible and it is literally like extracting blood from a stone. I do feel their pain the AIC's on some SKU's are losing huge money
That's not good if you're having to go this far to get it MSRP. It signals to me that AIBs and Nvidia have gotten to use to the taste of the good stuff and are going to do everything they can to keep it flowing.

It doesn't bode well for the 4000 series.

Permabanned
That's not good if you're having to go this far to get it MSRP. It signals to me that AIBs and Nvidia have gotten to use to the taste of the good stuff and are going to do everything they can to keep it flowing.

Is that not the point?
They are a business, only thing that fixes them is the people.

Associate
You wont see higher discounts until the 4000 series is available, they will be milked until the very end. and the 4000 series will be held back like the 3000 series so demand looks high and prices will be high like the 3000 series were.
they will want as much as they can for them no matter what the world economic situation is. This next generation of 4000 series will be another 2 years of high prices.

Associate
Is that not the point?
They are a business, only thing that fixes them is the people.
The 3000 series was a perfect storm for Nvidia, it came at a time of high Cyrpto prices, half the western world was locked down at home bored, money in their pockets and so prepared to pay whatever to get the cards. Fast forward to the 4000 series, Crypto hugely down, Eth about to move to PoS, cost of living crisis around the world, high energy prices, Nvidia will sruggle if they try to keep anything like the previous gen margins, supply and demand n all that, lower demand, lower prices (I hope :D)

Soldato
Ain't happening, look what happens when miners don't want your cards, sales dry up. Nvidia can price high on next gen but sales will be terrible in the current financial climate. Thier last gaming earnings was bad, they won't want to repeat it with sluggish sales of overpriced cards

Caporegime

then buy intel or AMD, nvidia will soon lower prices if they start losing marketshare

Caporegime
they will cut prices again the cards they have have to sell. it always happens especially aol products. gibbo is a salesman thats his job . prices are still too high though. no amount of icing will get people to eat a old cake.

Soldato
the 3080 10G sold out fast and we had a few hundred, the 3090's have now sold out too and all our 3090Ti are also nearly sold out

wow people still buying them maybe thinking they are bargains now from what the prices used to be :eek: shame its after 2 years and close to next gen just a shame feel like they are still getting away with it

Soldato

The solution is the same as it's always been, vote with your wallet. If people stopped paying silly prices for video cards the price will soon come down.

uscool said:
the 3080 10G sold out fast and we had a few hundred, the 3090's have now sold out too and all our 3090Ti are also nearly sold out

wow people still buying them maybe thinking they are bargains now from what the prices used to be :eek: shame its after 2 years and close to next gen just a shame feel like they are still getting away with it

And that's why graphics card prices are priced the way they are. Buy overpriced MRSP will be remain overpriced.

Soldato

All this goes to prove is the old adage "There's one born every minute".

Associate
At right prices, fair prices they sell, 3080 10G at £649 even though its the MSRP from two years ago and even though yes they should be cheaper they clearly sell and sell extremely well, though technically it is below MSRP as MSRP was set on a basic FE card, the Asus TUF OC is a superior product.

The 3060 at £299 is the other epic seller and is moving out fast, which I expect to sell out within the next 24-48hrs.
Yes in fairness the TUF OC I seem to remember was £699 before the price hike, then Asus just stopped selling them (through retail channels) and tried to force people into buying the highly inflated SKUs. The price reductions on the 3090 speak to this in spades...

They definitely have a value though, and that varies from person to person.

Soldato

I doubt it's the AIBs, it's down to Nvidia and the lengths they're going to in order to ensure cards maintain their value so when next gen cards start coming out in a few months they don't seem stupidly expensive.

Associate
This is basically the fuel situation. Should be around 1.30, price rises to 1.80 and then drops to 1.50, and everyone is happy again.

Rather wait until they're sensibly priced again.
but that's the problem, it's not a true market economy there are forces at work that are doing everything they can to keep the prices as high as possible in order to price the incoming products as high as possible. There is no 'sensibly priced' again whilst these conditions persist and probably never ever again at the high end.

Your only real alternative option is to insulate yourself from the demand, the need to upgrade. That is going to stagnate game development though with higher separation of the high-end from the legacy hardware which impacts on everyone even those willing to shell out the doh.

Frustrating.

Back
Top Bottom