• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia: Order of 10?

Soldato
XCOM 2 won't run on a 980 Ti @2160p maxed out as this is one game that really does use more than the 6gb available. :)

lol using Xcom 2 as a guide to what games memory needs. It's has had terrible performance issues from the start. It doesn't push any graphical boundaries, other games look better and perform way better.

Soldato
OP
Nah, gonna sit on it and wait it out for the HBM cards. Pascal or Polaris will do but needs to be big.

Yeah if I was going high end I would wait as well, I mean I wouldn't imagine the 1080 will give that much of an increase over a Titan X in pure performance.

Pointless move maybe, whereas the full Pascal chip with HBM 2.0 would be a worthy upgrade. Sometimes it's just nice to have something new to play with, so when these cards actually launch might be hard for the high end buyers to resist :p (I must resist lol)

I'm looking at the GTX 1070 for my next GPU, as long as power consumption is lower than my Nano and performance is higher. That'll do me just fine... Hopefully. Really don't want the upgrade bug again :D

Soldato
Nah, gonna sit on it and wait it out for the HBM cards. Pascal or Polaris will do but needs to be big.

oh yes I like em big

Benny-Hill-in-The-Italian-004_zps4vvfexad.jpg

Man of Honour
lol using Xcom 2 as a guide to what games memory needs. It's has had terrible performance issues from the start. It doesn't push any graphical boundaries, other games look better and perform way better.

Performance is quite good on a single Titan X, it is the 4gb and 6gb cards that tank.

As to the quality of the game that is not the point, what is relevant is the fact that cards do run out of memory and there will be more games on the horizon that will do the same.

Caporegime
Great OR stunt by Nvidia really. Driving up excitement levels. This is just the kind of thing Nvidia does so well at compared to AMD.

Soldato
Performance is quite good on a single Titan X, it is the 4gb and 6gb cards that tank.

As to the quality of the game that is not the point, what is relevant is the fact that cards do run out of memory and there will be more games on the horizon that will do the same.

You say your Titan X is running it good, well, that's fine for you, but, if you followed the steam thread on the game, people with Titan X's were complaining about performance as well.

Your 10.5GB number was got from before all the performances fixes. Fixes like reducing MSAA from 8x, as it made no visible difference.

The quality of the game IS the point. There is no way that this game should be using 10.5GB of Vram, there is nothing about it that looks better. IT was broken right from the start.

If this is an example of the games on the horizon, then it's a pretty bleak future ahead, no improvement in graphics with more memory use. And it's very relevant, I would hope that there is an increase in graphics quality for that amount of Ram use in future games.

Man of Honour
You say your Titan X is running it good, well, that's fine for you, but, if you followed the steam thread on the game, people with Titan X's were complaining about performance as well.

Your 10.5GB number was got from before all the performances fixes. Fixes like reducing MSAA from 8x, as it made no visible difference.

The quality of the game IS the point. There is no way that this game should be using 10.5GB of Vram, there is nothing about it that looks better. IT was broken right from the start.

If this is an example of the games on the horizon, then it's a pretty bleak future ahead, no improvement in graphics with more memory use. And it's very relevant, I would hope that there is an increase in graphics quality for that amount of Ram use in future games.

It does not matter what people think right or wrong, games like XCOM 2 exist and there will be more coming.:)

Soldato
It does not matter what people think right or wrong, games like XCOM 2 exist and there will be more coming.:)

An inconvenient truth. It always ticked me off over the years that I had to buy really expensive graphics cards to play badly optimised games.

We should moan as loudly as possible

Associate
Lol @ people saying more mem is better than the next cards yeh the original Titan with 6gb really proved that over the time it was out when the 780ti with 3gb ram killed the need for it.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Lol @ people saying more mem is better than the next cards yeh the original Titan with 6gb really proved that over the time it was out when the 780ti with 3gb ram killed the need for it.

The original 6gb Titans you can still use for gaming @2160p, unfortunately the 3gb 780 Ti would really struggle.

Back
Top Bottom