• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia: Order of 10?

Soldato
True but regardless a single 980Ti or TX will surely be a slideshow of frames anyway with 16x AA.

Unless 20fps is playable :D

Exactly. This is the point that people don't understand - Kaap's VRAM ramblings are only relavent for those with two, three or four TitanX's in SLI - something 0.0001% have.

Man of Honour
True but regardless a single 980Ti or TX will surely be a slideshow of frames anyway with 16x AA.

Unless 20fps is playable :D

XCOM 2 like a lot of the other really demanding games does have good SLI support.

As I have often pointed out if you use TitanXs it should be for SLI.

Exactly. This is the point that people don't understand - Kaap's VRAM ramblings are only relavent for those with two, three or four TitanX's in SLI - something 0.0001% have.

No rambling here

Games are what they are and if you want to max them out you use the right tool for the job.

As I often say what settings the user wishes to use is entirely up them, it is neither my mine or your place to tell people what they should use.

Associate
i really hope there is more info about pascal than just a show for the naming scheme, how to call it ten seventy instead of thousand seventy, somehing like infos on specs/date/price, maybe demo or benchs.

Associate
My prediction is that the 1080 will be similar in performance to the 980ti with Nvidia marketing the lower cost, heat, TDP, and noise very strongly.

It's the 'big pascal' that I want to upgrade to. I'm really hoping that it can get close to my 980ti SLI setup. A 150‰ boost would be exactly what I'm looking for.

I hope the 1080 isnt that much quieter/cooler though, otherwise I'll be seriously tempted to pick up two of them and do a straight swap with my current SLI setup.

Caporegime
My prediction is that the 1080 will be similar in performance to the 980ti with Nvidia marketing the lower cost, heat, TDP, and noise very strongly.

It's the 'big pascal' that I want to upgrade to. I'm really hoping that it can get close to my 980ti SLI setup. A 150‰ boost would be exactly what I'm looking for.

I hope the 1080 isnt that much quieter/cooler though, otherwise I'll be seriously tempted to pick up two of them and do a straight swap with my current SLI setup.

So you think a 1080 will only be as fast as a 980 ti yet think the bigger chip will be as fast as 980ti sli or 150% faster than a 980ti?

You do realise the 980ti is only 35% faster than a 980 right?

If the 1080 is only 980ti level performance, weve got problems as it means this whole new generation will suck.

Soldato
So you think a 1080 will only be as fast as a 980 ti yet think the bigger chip will be as fast as 980ti sli or 150% faster than a 980ti?

You do realise the 980ti is only 35% faster than a 980 right?

If the 1080 is only 980ti level performance, weve got problems as it means this whole new generation will suck.

Agree 100% Jono8. You've said it many times and It seems a lot of users seem to think the 1080 will be the same as 980Ti?

Why the hell would Nvidia release a brand new series and on a new die shrink no less for it to be the same performance as the series were on now???? Some of the users that post here must be on some kind of drug??

Soldato
Agree 100% Jono8. You've said it many times and It seems a lot of users seem to think the 1080 will be the same as 980Ti?

Why the hell would Nvidia release a brand new series and on a new die shrink no less for it to be the same performance as the series were on now???? Some of the users that post here must be on some kind of drug??

Wow, the moving of the goalsposts trick. The claims you are referring to are that 1080 will be the same price as 980Ti and be released at ~£500+, NOT that it will be the same performance.

1080 will be faster than 980Ti at the same price range. Before you claim x80 are always cheaper then explain 780 (£550+) (not with a but it was really a Ti anyway nonsense).

If the rumours that Polaris 10 is going to be ~390X - Fury/X speeds then Nvidia will have free regin at the high end and have proved they will price accordingly.

Associate

Agreed. There will be at least a 20% improvement or it will be a fail on nvidia's part. Don't get many users here. It's like they are happy with little to no improvement in performance and willing to pay even more for it :confused:

Soldato
Agreed. There will be at least a 20% improvement or it will be a fail on nvidia's part. Don't get many users here. It's like they are happy with little to no improvement in performance and willing to pay even more for it :confused:

Another strawman argument that is nothing close to what most people are expecting. Nobody expects Pascal to be the same speed as 980Ti and the same price (or more expensive) as you pathetically claim.

The vast majority here expect 1080 to be measurably faster than 980Ti. It's the price we can expect to pay we are debating with some laughably expecting Nvidia to simply phase out the £500+ 980Ti for a measurably faster 1080 for ~£300+.

Soldato
Yes, because thats what bith vendors do every generation
Its kinda funny you accuse someone else of creating a strawman when you are doing it yourself. Most people seem to be expecting the 1080 to replace the 980 price wise at 4-500, not 300

The 780 was not the ti, but it was a 560mm2 chip, if you cant work out why it was released to market at a higher price than the 680 or 980 then theres little anyone here can do to explain it to you

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes, because thats what bith vendors do every generation
Its kinda funny you accuse someone else of creating a strawman when you are doing it yourself. Most people seem to be expecting the 1080 to replace the 980 price wise at 4-500, not 300

I'm among most of those people expecting ~£500 but the people I responded to about strawmen are those stating some if us are fools for expecting 1080 to be similar in performance to 980Ti. I have not seen anyone claim this, so why bother tbringing it into the debate. Hence the strawman reference.

The 780 was not the ti, but it was a 560mm2 chip, if you cant work out why it was released to market at a higher price than the 680 or 980 then theres little anyone here can do to explain it to you

Irrelevant, the size is not important it's the naming and price that matters. It was called 780 and was £550+ on release. 28nm was a very mature process at the time 780 was released so pricing could have been much lower. It proves that Nvidia are more than happy to price their x80 GPUs at much higher prices than some are claiming/hoping.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom