• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES NOW ONLINE AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (3090 / 3080 / 3070) **

Associate
I wonder how you guys managed to get order in so early, it took a good 10-15min for me to get from product page to checkout screen, then it kept failing to go onto payment screen

Not sure, just lucky I guess. I tried to access my account after ordering, but the website was pretty dead at that point so it feels like a miracle that I was able to get the order in so quickly.

Caporegime
Exactly it is beyond ridiculous, it really has boiled my blood, I've been a forum member for almost 15 years and a customer to that extent also, yet we see the usual lies and BS on product launches, why are they trying to shaft the customer base like this? is it really worth it fo

An utter farce. NVIDIA have made a huge mess up today. The web store had zero protection against bots..

Leaders in AI btw, yet can't do anything about bots.

Associate
Ive gone for pre order on MSI X trio - taken me all day to get this order in just now ! Bit of a joke , As long as it comes in the next 2-3 weeks ill be happy ! Its its any longer ill be very very unhappy.

MSI been getting some good reviews online so I think its the right one for me and my last MSI 1080ti never let me down once.

This chap here gives it the thumbs up https://youtu.be/wV0lcDLz6UI

Last edited:
Soldato
Only thing wrong with the evga card is that red portion at the end. As for the rest of his rambling about why they redesign coolers...is he that thick to not realise that higher power consumption gpu's will need better cooling? It's a balancing act between thermals and acoustics, what works for one generation might not work well for another. His "not broke don't fix it" rhetoric doesn't apply to gpu's.

Sure but take the Tuff card from Asus. Its got great write ups right? The cooler has been really praised. Why couldn't they make the exact same cooler (no complaints with it), but instead of adding an angular shroud with fake tyre tracks all on it and 'logos' emblazened on it, just make a sleek looking minimalist metalic shroud?

Associate
Wow. I was watching today with interest because I want a 3090 next week. I’ve spent a lot of money with OCUK over the years, but unless there’s a “we ****** up, sorry, here’s a refund to correct the sudden price jump” then they won’t see any more money from me. You don’t move the goalposts on customers mid-purchase. It’s not right, and if it wasn’t an accident then it shows they just don’t care.

Caporegime
Sure but take the Tuff card from Asus. Its got great write ups right? The cooler has been really praised. Why couldn't they make the exact same cooler (no complaints with it), but instead of adding an angular shroud with fake tyre tracks all on it and 'logos' emblazened on it, just make a sleek looking minimalist metalic shroud?

They're still doing the "gamer" thing, or what corporations think gamers want.

Soldato
Leaders in AI btw, yet can't do anything about bots.

Ha their 'AI' didn't foresee the 'unprecedented demand' they have apparantly had. Unprecedented? Everyone else knew this would happen today, how could they not?

Its like when a call centre has an automated message saying they have 'higher than normal demand'. No they don't, they just don't have enough staff.

Soldato
Exactly it is beyond ridiculous, it really has boiled my blood, I've been a forum member for almost 15 years and a customer to that extent also, yet we see the usual lies and BS on product launches, why are they trying to shaft the customer base like this? is it really worth it fo

An utter farce. NVIDIA have made a huge mess up today. The web store had zero protection against bots..

Yep even a basic captcha would have gone a long way to stop what we saw today....

Spamming refresh every 3 seconds, goes from "Notify me" to "out of stock" in 3 seconds.

Totally legit buyers i'm sure....

Associate
Ive gone for pre order on MSI X trio - taken me all day to get this order in just now ! Bit of a joke , As long as it comes in the next 2-3 weeks ill be happy ! Its its any longer ill be very very unhappy.

MSI been getting some good reviews online so I think its the right one for me and my last MSI 1080ti never let me down once.
This is the one I had my eyes on for quite a while and luckily managed to get an order it fairly quickly but no idea when it will be shipped. I was just happy to get an order in and just forget about all the madness. The reviews have been really good from what I've seen, cools well, very quiet and performs better than the FE due to higher boost clocks

Soldato
Despite knowing theres no stock, decided to pre-order from ocuk on one of the tuf models and try my chances on getting one next week or early October.

I was tempted but with a £40 markup and no guarantee. OcUK could have my hard earned for almost a month before stock. That just doesnt sit well with me. I'd have bitten at the RRP

Back
Top Bottom