• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES NOW ONLINE AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (3090 / 3080 / 3070) **

Soldato
Yep even a basic captcha would have gone a long way to stop what we saw today....

Spamming refresh every 3 seconds, goes from "Notify me" to "out of stock" in 3 seconds.

Totally legit buyers i'm sure....

Funny thing is, they use captcha on geforce experience so I'm not sure what to think. Was it deliberate in order to sell out what little stock they had in record time?

They surely couldn't have overlooked the possibility of people attempting to scalp these.

Associate
So I just received an email regarding the MSI Trio X I ordered, oversold etc... Not cancelled though, they said it will be fulfilled on a first come first serve basis.... Got my order confirmation at 14:19, hopefully I don't have to wait too long. Already gone up everywhere else too...

Soldato
Funny thing is, they use captcha on geforce experience so I'm not sure what to think. Was it deliberate in order to sell out what little stock they had in record time?

They surely couldn't have overlooked the possibility of people attempting to scalp these.
I doubt its for any record, they've apologised and said they're doing everything humanely possible to stop scalpers including physically checking every purchase...

Soldato
Wonder when they'll actually have the FE ready to buy.

I bet they don't get it sorted for next week and this happens all over again with the 3090 launch.

Soldato
I'm really questioning OCuk reading this thread.

I think it's time for me to send my money elsewhere.

My last purchase from OCuk was a 3900x for £350. I'm gonna leave it there. I don't like the ethics I'm hearing about here.

Associate
Anyone seen any 2-slot designs (other than the FE obviously)?

Using a mini-ITX case and these 2.5 and above slot cards are not going to fit...

Soldato
Anyone seen any 2-slot designs (other than the FE obviously)?

Using a mini-ITX case and these 2.5 and above slot cards are not going to fit...

EVGA XC3's. It's not that long or wide or tall. Avoid the black edition if you want a back plate. Check out jayz2cents vid for a size comparison to FE.

Associate
I managed to order a gigabyte eagle which processed at 14:10. I got the order confirmation email around 6pm
The order status on my account says “order received-not yet dispatched”. No idea when I’ll get it or if it was in stock or a pre-order.
Anyone here order an eagle that has dispatched?

Associate
Long time lurker, had a great time trying to order a card today.

For all the folk saying paper launch by NVIDIA, I managed to add an FE to cart, checkout, and then time out after confirming debit card information. By the time it reloaded I had missed my chance.

Ordered a Gigabyte Gaming from OC and two other competitors. One has since informed me they oversold and it would be mid December before they had new stock. No idea if I've actually bought a card or just paid for a pre-order for OC/Online Competitor.

Utter shambles.

Soldato
Long time lurker, had a great time trying to order a card today.

For all the folk saying paper launch by NVIDIA, I managed to add an FE to cart, checkout, and then time out after confirming debit card information. By the time it reloaded I had missed my chance.

Ordered a Gigabyte Gaming from OC and two other competitors. One has since informed me they oversold and it would be mid December before they had new stock. No idea if I've actually bought a card or just paid for a pre-order for OC/Online Competitor.

Utter shambles.

I reckon some time next month you will be able to order it to arrive next day from some retailers. Mid-December seems a bit far-fetched. Worth keeping the order in just in case though perhaps.

Associate
I managed to order a gigabyte eagle which processed at 14:10. I got the order confirmation email around 6pm
The order status on my account says “order received-not yet dispatched”. No idea when I’ll get it or if it was in stock or a pre-order.
Anyone here order an eagle that has dispatched?

Same position as you. Ordered 14:35, got an email confirmation at about 7pm.

Now showing same as yours - order received not yet dispatched'

Kind of hoping its secretly been dispatched and the emails are just running late. Slim slim chance of that though!

Back
Top Bottom