• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES NOW ONLINE AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (3090 / 3080 / 3070) **

Associate
I managed to get in an order in around 14:30. My first attempt the payment was declined. Second try went through a few minutes later. If I compare the order numbers between the two I can see there was 60-65 orders being made per minute around that time!

Associate
Screenshot-20200917-224251.jpg

Called at 13:15 to check they were taking phone orders and after a 5 min queue I got confirmation that they would and would probably be best to call back at 13:55.

Called back at 13:55 got through at 14:13, 3 minutes later my order is confirmed.

I know this wasn't one of the cards they actually have in rn but I have a sff PC and it's either this or founders and we all know what happened with founders.

I'd guess I'm first in line when they do get stock but until then I guess I just have to sit tight.

@Gibbo , any chance you could confirm if I'm first in line for the EVGA XC3 going off my timestamp?

Also how/why am I seeing so many people buying cards without tax?

Associate
I think we all have to sit back and reflect on the reality of all of this , some kids in the world don’t have a bed or food and we are moaning because we can’t play some games for a few weeks ,
The bigger picture is some of us will have to wait 4-5 weeks until we get a 3080 , just think a moment about what you can do in 4 weeks In stead of playing pc games ! Its not the end of the world , Ill hold my hands up and say pc gaming as made me stupidly lazy , I sold my 1080ti last week so I have no Pc until I get my card so in the next few weeks I’m going to get out more and get myself in shape... there are more important things in life than just gaming 24/7 ... relax and enjoy life and be positive.

Associate
Regarding the mess up with the pre order ETA dates. Will those who placed pre orders based on 18th/21st Sept etc be notified if that ETA still stands or if there will be delays with an expected new ETA?

Soldato
Bloody hell, ordered off a competitor as I was trying 3 sites at once and that was the only site that let me through eventually. Because the site was effectively getting DDOS'd I ended up putting the order through with the wrong billing address selected. They sent me an email saying to simply go to the website to change it or order will be cancelled and by jove, there's literally nowhere on the website to do that and the phones are a joke.

FML, seriously.

Associate
So my order status changed to Order Received - Processing Payment overnight. That’s something at least. Still no email from OCuk but I can’t even begin to imagine the amount of fudge they have to wade through right now.

I’m still confident that I can see the MSI Trio in reasonable times - before Watchdogs Legion will do just fine. Optimism fellas! ;)

Soldato
I am glad I somehow managed to get mine ordered on the 16th, there was no way I would have got anything yesterday!
At that point I didn't know if I had one as it hadn't moved past stage one, so I was looking to try for a sure bet.
2pm hit and all 6 or 7 sites I was watching became unreachable for 98% of the time until I had to do the school run an hour later :eek:
Crazy.
OcUK was the worst hit from my experience.

@kitch9 I foresaw that eventuality, and went through an order process earlier to correct my old address, as it would only let you change it at order point !

@Gibbo so how many actual stock 3080's did you have overall ?

Soldato
So I just received an email regarding the MSI Trio X I ordered, oversold etc... Not cancelled though, they said it will be fulfilled on a first come first serve basis.... Got my order confirmation at 14:19, hopefully I don't have to wait too long. Already gone up everywhere else too...

lol, despite trying, multiple failed checkout attempts meant my order didn’t go through until 15:19 for the MSI X Trio so don’t worry you’ll get yours a good few weeks ahead of me!

I think I prefer the Curry’s PS5 Preorder system, you get put in a virtual queue so the website stays functional and you wait your turn, way slicker IME...

What’s annoying is people rocking up 30 mins late on some sites just lucked in and bagged one straight away..

Back
Top Bottom