• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia rumour to be launching new GTX 11 series without ray tracing

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
iphone- Facetime my daughter easier...I have little interest in phones..Plus I use my Oppo HA2 Dac with my iphone...Its not fully supported for Android.;)

£499 was a decent deal with 8700k selling for £389

Depending on performance I might get Zen 2 and sell 9900k but I needed a PC right now...Once zen 2 hits 2700x will be peanuts with people wanting zen 2 to drop in their old mobos...So 9900k will hold its value for longer...

Plus lets see if Zen 2 does beat 9900k 5ghz on all cores....:p;)

maQthVMh.jpg

fTo9thA.jpg
Fair enough. Would have still waited for Zen 2 myself. That should have hardware fixes for Meltdown and Spectre at least.

I am still on my ancient 4770K. At 4.7GHz it is still very fast and is hardly ever a bottleneck at 4K. Even though Zen 2 will likely be the first time I consider upgrading, I won’t be in a rush, as no need for it. Might just wait a year and buy a cpu and mobo bundle half price on members market :p

Soldato
You're wasting your time. If Easy sold an apple for £1 and bought an orange for £1.20, then he just bought an orange for 20p when all the other idiots are paying more than a quid for fruit.

Surely he still paid £1.20 for the orange because he would've had to bought the original apple in the first place for £1. He may have transitioned to the orange for 20p (easy's argument) but he's still £1.20 out of pocket in total (bru's argument).

Soldato
Surely he still paid £1.20 for the orange because he would've had to bought the original apple in the first place for £1. He may have transitioned to the orange for 20p (easy's argument) but he's still £1.20 out of pocket in total (bru's argument).

I think you'll find that Easy's answer is the correct answer, no matter what the question is. ;)

Soldato
No that is different.

I would refusing to pay high prices for an iPhone X Max just to read SMS or browse internet. It is pointless and a massive waste of money. Phones prices fell very fast few months after launch like Samsung S9 Sim Free I bought for £739 in May 2018 few months after launch and now it cost just £450 in January 2019.

After bought MSI GTX 970 Gaming for £270 from OCUK back in 2014 and then when GTX 980 Ti came out in 2015 cost £659 for cheapest blower cards and £759 for custom cards and everybody went crazy bought all these GTX 980 Ti cards at crazy prices. GTX 1080 Ti and RTX 2080 was no different when both sell at the same prices as GTX 980 Ti been back in 2015. When GTX 1070 was launched back in 2016, MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X was cost around £450 so I had no choice but accepted to paid nearly £200 more for a GTX 1070 compared to GTX 970. I did the same thing with MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X for £739 on Black Friday sale paid nearly £300 more than when I bought MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X.

But the requirements for games aren't really moving either, so it is the same. A GPU from a few years ago can still play everything without issues. Just like a phone from 10 years ago can still do it's job fine (make calls and read messages, probably more reliably than an iPhone too).

There is really no point in buying a new phone unless your current one breaks.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Fair enough. Would have still waited for Zen 2 myself. That should have hardware fixes for Meltdown and Spectre at least.

I am still on my ancient 4770K. At 4.7GHz it is still very fast and is hardly ever a bottleneck at 4K. Even though Zen 2 will likely be the first time I consider upgrading, I won’t be in a rush, as no need for it. Might just wait a year and buy a cpu and mobo bundle half price on members market :p

I waited long enough. I had my 6700k and sold it, My next upgrade was a 8/16 intel chip. I was dissapointed at the release pricing and held off and was about to go 2700x but it wasn't ideal for my uses. So when Gibbo dropped retail to 499 i thought its only £200 quid more so YOLO

Associate
So... who's staying up (4am UK time) to watch Nvidia's latest press thingy at CES?

Is this where we expect the 11 series to get a mention? Plus RTX2060?

What else do you guys think will Jensen will waffle on at great length about? :D

Maybe he will talk about how they have remastered the channel using DLSS to get rid of all the excess inventory and can now cut the price of the 20 series across the board?

He is probably hoping for another spike in stock value so he can dump some more shares ;)

Caporegime
Of course not, why on earth would Nvidia prominently market a card that doesn't have the one key selling feature of the new cards. I highly doubt the 11 series exists in any real form, ki.e. there is not 2080RTX without RTX. Nvidia are trying to do the complete opoiste and get RTX technology top to bottom and on mobile so the market is ripe for developers and RTX becomes another checbox features for both games and GPUs

If the 11 series exists at all it is mostly liekly just Pascal renamed at lower tier levels in order to shift stock.I.e, rename a 1080 a 1170 and put it in a new box. Most likely sold mainly in Asia. Or it is something for low end mobiles, although even here Nvidia seem keen to push RTX so that is doubtful. Or some other product for OEMs and cheap Asian supply.

Caporegime
This puts pressure on AMD to integrate RTX into their newer cards if they want to keep up.

AMD have already mentioned it. Wont be Navi but whatever comes next will have dedicated ray tracing hardware. this sets up the next battleground for AMD and Nvida

Back
Top Bottom