• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia rumour to be launching new GTX 11 series without ray tracing

Associate
OP
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasone...ment-is-more-than-meets-the-eye/#6a1e71c76b4d

"Nvidia has finally announced it will start introducing G-Sync compatibility to non G-Sync displays."

"We're going to test every async monitor the world has made, and for the ones that pass, we're going to certify them, and we're going to optimize the software to support them, and we're going to turn it on in our software so that whatever Geforce customer enjoys that panel can now enjoy it as if they purchased a G-Sync monitor."

Associate
OP
The point is with this, it's the same as the GPU issue. NVidia overpriced its tech and take up was so low that freesync overtook it in the market and the take up for Gsync was comparatively low. NVidia has seen this, and reacted, since the Apple issue, but will it move on its GPU stance?

Caporegime
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasone...ment-is-more-than-meets-the-eye/#6a1e71c76b4d

"Nvidia has finally announced it will start introducing G-Sync compatibility to non G-Sync displays."

"We're going to test every async monitor the world has made, and for the ones that pass, we're going to certify them, and we're going to optimize the software to support them, and we're going to turn it on in our software so that whatever Geforce customer enjoys that panel can now enjoy it as if they purchased a G-Sync monitor."

They didn't mention TV's though - Some of which now support VRR.

I'd love to have G-sync on a 65" OLED.

Soldato
Gsync is getting priced out of the market. When there is a free alternative it's only a matter of time.

You won't see many TVs with gsync. It adds to much to the cost and literally one product supports it.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I don't know that's true, as sales of RTX cards might not have been what NVidia hoped for and plenty of high profile sites have advised against a new technology with few games which support it. A lot of people were hoping for 1080Ti + performance without the price gouging from mining and there has been fierce criticism of the price of the new cards. With NVidia also facing plummeting share values this might be a very sensible move as the next generation RTX cards will have much more media and a customer base expecting the prices they want.

Associate
I don't know that's true, as sales of RTX cards might not have been what NVidia hoped for and plenty of high profile sites have advised against a new technology with few games which support it. A lot of people were hoping for 1080Ti + performance without the price gouging from mining and there has been fierce criticism of the price of the new cards. With NVidia also facing plummeting share values this might be a very sensible move as the next generation RTX cards will have much more media and a customer base expecting the prices they want.
People wanted 1080 ti perf for 2060 prices though as per last gen with the 1070/ 980ti. Can't see an 11 series card coming in at that price. I think they might drop this one if navi is looking bit tasty just to corner the market

Associate
OP
People wanted 1080 ti perf for 2060 prices though as per last gen with the 1070/ 980ti. Can't see an 11 series card coming in at that price. I think they might drop this one if navi is looking bit tasty just to corner the market

I do wonder if Ray tracing is ever really going to take until they manage to get acceptance into the console market. With less than 1% of cards being able to use it no sane games maker is going to spend development money on something so niche - some of them won't even make a PC version of the games at all! If an 1180 comes in around the price of a 1080 with the rise in performance then it's going to be a very interesting card indeed. Lets say for sake of argument it retailed at the £600 - 650 mark I think it would be difficult for retailers to get enough stock !

Back
Top Bottom