• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia Volta 20 series coming Q3 2017

Associate
While this would be interesting news, one look at the source as WCCFTech and I'm ignoring it. I'll only consider it being legit if a more reputable place is the source of the news. Whatever happened to banning WCCFTech (cos of their BS, lying/nonsense articles)?

Soldato
While this would be interesting news, one look at the source as WCCFTech and I'm ignoring it. I'll only consider it being legit if a more reputable place is the source of the news. Whatever happened to banning WCCFTech (cos of their BS, lying/nonsense articles)?
We'd never have anything to talk about.

Associate
Every article is quoting a Chinese website called mydrivers.com which someone on the HardOCP forums translated. I'll believe it when I see it but I'll be more than a little ****** if it's true after waiting so long for the 1080 Ti.
Didn't 1080ti come out 10 months after 1080? Doesn't sound like long to wait to me.

Associate
It's Q3 2017 right now, with Q4 beginning on the 1st July. That means the Volta card would have to come by the end of June. But nVidia released their GTX 1080 11Gbps variant literally yesterday. And several companies like Galax and EVGA have yet to release their custom 1080 Tis. In fact, last I checked, OCUK won't have custom EVGA cards until the 19th May. That would mean EVGA 1080 Ti owners would only get to use their cards for 1 month and 11 days before the release of Volta! (Assuming next-day delivery, otherwise the period is even shorter, lol.)

This is why I find it extremely difficult to believe that a Volta, especially a high-end one like the GTX 2080, will be released this year, let alone by the end of June.

Soldato
Could well be a Maxwell 750ti situation, where they release something mid market that is cheap but as fast as a previous gen x60 card, that worked really well for them.

Back
Top Bottom