• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia Volta 20 series coming Q3 2017

Caporegime
Then why did they not release it last year? No one was buying the Titan X anyway.
Who said no one was buying the the Titan X? Given the price difference, manufacturing costs and they are sold direct thenthe profit margins are huge for TX and Nvidia can get away with selling far fewer Titans than 1080ti and still make more more. there is then the issue of yields.

The 1080Ti will have at lat 6 month before Volta appears, adn that is very optimistic Volta release date. Even so, 6 months is a decent time for a top card to remain in the top spot.

Soldato
Who said no one was buying the the Titan X? Given the price difference, manufacturing costs and they are sold direct thenthe profit margins are huge for TX and Nvidia can get away with selling far fewer Titans than 1080ti and still make more more. there is then the issue of yields.

The 1080Ti will have at lat 6 month before Volta appears, adn that is very optimistic Volta release date. Even so, 6 months is a decent time for a top card to remain in the top spot.[/QUOTE

Until the Titanp came out :p

Permabanned
http://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-20-volta-graphics-card-q3-2017/

Wow that's quick.

Don't even think it's worth getting a 1080Ti If this is true? I wondered why Nvidia was so eager to release it so fast?

I wouldn't say it's not worth getting a 1080ti.

As per the last 3 releases, they will release the mid-range 1080-esque card first. The 2080 or whatever it's called will be similar performance, probably marginally (5-10% at most) faster than the 1080ti.

Then the next £1200+ Titan will come out another 3-6 months down the line and the next TI will be another 6 months or so... so you won't really get better than a 1080ti for nearly a year and that'll only be the titan level card, it will be more than a year before the next TI is out at a similar price to the current TI...

Associate
I wouldn't say it's not worth getting a 1080ti.

As per the last 3 releases, they will release the mid-range 1080-esque card first. The 2080 or whatever it's called will be similar performance, probably marginally (5-10% at most) faster than the 1080ti.

Then the next £1200+ Titan will come out another 3-6 months down the line and the next TI will be another 6 months or so... so you won't really get better than a 1080ti for nearly a year and that'll only be the titan level card, it will be more than a year before the next TI is out at a similar price to the current TI...
1080 was 25-35% quicker than 980ti no reason why 2080 won't repeat that

Soldato
1080 was 25-35% quicker than 980ti no reason why 2080 won't repeat that
I would say a solid 20% faster when all said and done and oc'd.

Gpu tech moves so fast nowadays that you may as well buy the best card you can afford and enjoy using it. Today's top end card is tomorrows mid range card, there will always be a better one around the corner..

Soldato
I wouldn't be surprised. I always thought of Pascal as a bit of a gap filler, not originally on the plan from what I remember? With the node change from 28, Pascal was the first on a smaller node too and am sure they can make lots of improvements now and also need to improve DX12 soon-ish. If I remember it was about 1 year 9 months between the 980 and 1080? I think it'll be less this time. Come June that's one year for the 1080 and I reckon we'll have the early next gen cards before Chrimbo........and nothing to do with Vega I think. WIth all the talk of AI, machine learning, self-driving cars, huge data processing, I think NV want to push forward as fast as they can regardless of their competition

Last edited:
Soldato
I would say a solid 20% faster when all said and done and oc'd.

Gpu tech moves so fast nowadays that you may as well buy the best card you can afford and enjoy using it. Today's top end card is tomorrows mid range card, there will always be a better one around the corner..

Yep, even less then that from my experience. Or at least when I compare my 1080's to Titan X maxwell's it was more like 15% at stock vs stock on blower and similar 15% delta when both were OC'd to reasonable numbers. This is in actual games, not synthetics for which the 1080 appears to be better.

I wouldn't be surprised. I always thought of Pascal as a bit of a gap filler, not originally on the plan from what I remember? With the node change from 28, Pascal was the first on a smaller node too and am sure they can make lots of improvements now and also need to improve DX12 soon-ish. If I remember it was about 1 year 9 months between the 980 and 1080? I think it'll be less this time. Come June that's one year for the 1080 and I reckon we'll have the early next gen cards before Chrimbo........and nothing to do with Vega I think. WIth all the talk of AI, machine learning, self-driving cars, huge data processing, I think NV want to push forward as fast as they can regardless of their competition

Yup, think its entirely plausible to see the AI or workstation cards this side of Christmas, then the actual consumer GPU's early next year. 1080Ti would have been out for 9-10 months by then.

Associate
This reminds me just before the 1080 came out and lots of the Graphic card Pro posters were saying it won't be that good get a Titan Black you will be fine !

Then the benchmarks came in and the same people were rushing to sell their cards ...

Soldato
This reminds me just before the 1080 came out and lots of the Graphic card Pro posters were saying it won't be that good get a Titan Black you will be fine !

Then the benchmarks came in and the same people were rushing to sell their cards ...
People seem to regularly overestimate new AMD products and underestimate Nvidia's. At least over the past few new series releases.

Nvidia may charge an organ and a child, but they haven't disappointed in bringing the performance for a while now.

Soldato
3 pages of guff based on a 2nd hand rumour based on a chinese website that has no source

According to the latest news, NVIDIA plans to release GeForce 20 series in advance, is expected to be released in the third quarter of this year, at the same time GeForce 20 series of product prices, market positioning will be re-planning, in particular, will increase the price of single card to enhance profits Do the market.

Who is this news ? Are they male or female or a leprachaun ?

Back
Top Bottom