• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA Volta with GDDR6 in early 2018?

Caporegime
Indeed. I did the Titan X Maxwell to the 1080 and the jump wasn't really worth it but the jump from the 1080 to the Ti was, so I will be going Ti to Ti unless of course the 2080 gives 30% increases and then it will be self debate time.

I've still got my Titan X Maxwell SLI and have the choice between 1440p ultrawide 100hz GSync or 60hz 4K on a 65" B6V OLED, depending on how well optimised games are/if SLI is supported

Prey is 4k/60hz locked at the highest settings with no problem, but then it doesn't look that amazing compared to something like Battlefield 1

Soldato
Indeed. I did the Titan X Maxwell to the 1080 and the jump wasn't really worth it but the jump from the 1080 to the Ti was, so I will be going Ti to Ti unless of course the 2080 gives 30% increases and then it will be self debate time.

You know how it goes new 2080 = Shiney and good then Nvidia come along later with the titan and TI then maybe the full titan and ti again! you cant just skip a step man :p

Caporegime
Listen man, what you do in your own time is your business :p :D

But I don't think it'll be needed, this Ti will last 2 years easy at your puny res ;)

Well at my ripe old age, needs must and all that :D And agreed, the Ti eats up 1440P ultrawide with pretty much everything set to the max.

I've still got my Titan X Maxwell SLI and have the choice between 1440p ultrawide 100hz GSync or 60hz 4K on a 65" B6V OLED, depending on how well optimised games are/if SLI is supported

Prey is 4k/60hz locked at the highest settings with no problem, but then it doesn't look that amazing compared to something like Battlefield 1

Go 1440P ultrawide 100Hz. I did and it was the best move ever. Totally blown away by it and games look gorgeous. Reminds me of my triple Asus VG278H screens but without the annoying bezels. Games like The Division - Ghost Recon Wildlands - Rise of the Tomb Raider really do look stunning and makes gaming feel like a new thing.

You know how it goes new 2080 = Shiney and good then Nvidia come along later with the titan and TI then maybe the full titan and ti again! you cant just skip a step man :p

Most of us here and me probably being the worst can't resist shiny. What I say now and what I do then doesn't always coincide :D

Soldato
I bought a Titan X Maxwell at launch in March 2015 and it's still happily playing through 99% of games at 1440p. First time I haven't upgraded within 6 months. It's also the last time I'd ever spend that much on a single card (£870), especially after nvidias practice of releasing faster Ti variants down the line and the massive price hike on the titan line. Interested to see what Vega brings to the table.

Caporegime
Go 1440P ultrawide 100Hz. I did and it was the best move ever. Totally blown away by it and games look gorgeous. Reminds me of my triple Asus VG278H screens but without the annoying bezels. Games like The Division - Ghost Recon Wildlands - Rise of the Tomb Raider really do look stunning and makes gaming feel like a new thing.

Sorry, I meant I already have the choice between those :D

Had my Acer Predator X34a since June 2016 and my OLED TV since November.

Titan X's going strong, 2 years on.

Associate

Every have any problem with fisheye?

Caporegime
Games like The Division - Ghost Recon Wildlands - Rise of the Tomb Raider really do look stunning and makes gaming feel like a new thing.

This is why I'm hoping top-end Vega is Ti level (even if it's DX12/Vulkan only), my LG panel quality-wise is def a step above anything I've ever used (the 75Hz max being the only caveatg, but I find if I keep it above 67-68fps then it's livable with) :cool:

Back
Top Bottom