O11D vs O11DXL

Associate
What type of loop you planning?

Im thinking of doing a front distro in the XL white version with a White 360 rad in the top and all Lian Li Uni SL120 fans.

then down the line, if I am confident enough to take apart a 3090 FE, I’ll put another 360 in the bottom and get one of those nice ek FE blocks

So I already have a GPU block on order with EK so it is def going in there. From what I've seen pretty confident with taking apart the FE, seems less faff than a Titan X which was the last one I had a block on.

Overall the loop will be a relatively cookie cutter 011 build, was going to go with the side distro but as it is a DDC pump I am either going to go with the front distro or as I am actually goign to go matte black soft tubing I am go with the FLK 360 pump res on the side as they come with a D5

Regardless it will be an XE on the bottom and standard 360 on the top. Also toying with the idea dual loop with 2x 120 FLTs . Fan wise I like the Uni fans but I have always struggled to see where they land for static pressure. Legit this is the first time I've even had RGB but given the monoblock/distro & GPU are all going to have it I am toying with it a bit more. So I may go with Noctua Chromax fans with the white accents like I've done now and keep the black and white minimilist build which I think will look nice with the matte black soft tubing especialy if I get my cuts nice and tight so it's tidy.

Not rushing as promised the Missus we would move before I did another loop.

Associate
So I already have a GPU block on order with EK so it is def going in there. From what I've seen pretty confident with taking apart the FE, seems less faff than a Titan X which was the last one I had a block on.

Overall the loop will be a relatively cookie cutter 011 build, was going to go with the side distro but as it is a DDC pump I am either going to go with the front distro or as I am actually goign to go matte black soft tubing I am go with the FLK 360 pump res on the side as they come with a D5

Regardless it will be an XE on the bottom and standard 360 on the top. Also toying with the idea dual loop with 2x 120 FLTs . Fan wise I like the Uni fans but I have always struggled to see where they land for static pressure. Legit this is the first time I've even had RGB but given the monoblock/distro & GPU are all going to have it I am toying with it a bit more. So I may go with Noctua Chromax fans with the white accents like I've done now and keep the black and white minimilist build which I think will look nice with the matte black soft tubing especialy if I get my cuts nice and tight so it's tidy.

Not rushing as promised the Missus we would move before I did another loop.

Regarding the Side distro, there is a brand who makes a d5 side distro, called Radikult, more ££££££ but If you’re looking to pay the price of the around the front distro it could be an option?

I would still probably go with the front EK distro anyway because it’s available in this country and IMO looks more interesting.

Associate
Regarding the Side distro, there is a brand who makes a d5 side distro, called Radikult, more ££££££ but If you’re looking to pay the price of the around the front distro it could be an option?

I would still probably go with the front EK distro anyway because it’s available in this country and IMO looks more interesting.

Nice one, thanks. Just had a look, actually I like the look of their dual loop front distro.

Associate
They do look good, thinking I'll probably still get a single loop, just stick enough radiator space in there to take it all. The XE and a normal 360 should do the job more than nicely.

Had a nice little suprise last night, I had missed the inside film on my glass panels. Felt like a right donut as wasn't a 100% happy with how it looked and just looks so much sharper since I took that film off.

Last edited:
Associate
They do look good, thinking I'll probably still get a single loop, just stick enough radiator space in there to take it all. The XE and a normal 360 should do the job more than nicely.

Had a nice little suprise last night, I had missed the inside film on my glass panels. Felt like a right donut as wasn't a 100% happy with how it looked and just looks so much sharper since I took that film off.
I purposely left the inside glass plastic on in my Razer O11D so that when I sold it I would have a “selling point” of having a immaculate condition glass panel. The buyer definitely appreciated it.

funny story about my O11D Razer... the front glass with the Razer logo was ever so slightly chipped on the top right corner of my unit so I managed to get a replacement free of charge while keeping the slightly damaged one. Now I just need to think of what to do with a Razer branded O11D (non xl unfortunately) front glass panel.

Associate

Also, I saw your temporary build, how is that aio performing? I’m actually thinking of getting that exact one (maybe the 280 version) to get me up and running while I plan the details of my loop and then sell it afterwards... or keep it for a future secondary build. From the Gamers Nexus reviews, it seems like the best performance for the cheapest price.

Associate
4172c455ad8a6ad2d871c6cc891023d6.jpg

120 and 240 test fit.

Associate
Also, I saw your temporary build, how is that aio performing? I’m actually thinking of getting that exact one (maybe the 280 version) to get me up and running while I plan the details of my loop and then sell it afterwards... or keep it for a future secondary build. From the Gamers Nexus reviews, it seems like the best performance for the cheapest price.

I'm still getting used to 5000series and temps man. It confuses me. on my 5900x I tend to idle around mid 40s to low 50s at 24/25degrees ambient. Gaming usually low 60s, cinebench all core straight to mid 80s. I really don't know if that is good or bad or what. Seems to be pretty standard.

For comparison, my last system was a 7700k at 5ghz with pretty high voltage of 1.38, that and a titan xp with a 360 and 240 custom loop. When I got my 3090 is when I swapped out the loop and temps were pretty much the same on the AIO on the CPU as with the full loop.

For the money , I really dont think this AIO can be faulted. I liked not having to pay an RGB tax.

Associate
4172c455ad8a6ad2d871c6cc891023d6.jpg

120 and 240 test fit.

These are exactly what I've been looking for; I didn't realise such a thing existed! Will have to look into them - What are the pro's of the 240 vs 120? Is it just the reservoir size? Or can they handle more heat?

I've been thinking of how to get a dual loop set up in the 011d XL. I have never done watercooling before, so it's all new to me. I like the look of the distro plates, but can't do the dual loop then. These look ideal.

Associate
These are exactly what I've been looking for; I didn't realise such a thing existed! Will have to look into them - What are the pro's of the 240 vs 120? Is it just the reservoir size? Or can they handle more heat?

I've been thinking of how to get a dual loop set up in the 011d XL. I have never done watercooling before, so it's all new to me. I like the look of the distro plates, but can't do the dual loop then. These look ideal.

You can fit 2x120 but I'd prefer to have a nice full 360mm worth of res wall for the aesthetics like the 360 distro. Apart from looks, only benefit you'll get is having more water in the loop which will take slightly longer to heat up. (gpu on 240 for me).

I'm soft tubing this time, done hardline before and if you're a constant part swapper, hard line is a pita.

The outlet on these is the middle port so keep that in mind for routing tube. I like pump to rad to component so I've ended up with crossed tubes. Can sort with additional fittings but that just adds onto cost. You'd probably need to sit down and plan well for hard tube.

The 120 can go higher if needed so you can use the bottom ports instead of side. Not checked but would assume so and just put the small 60mm plate between the res instead of on top like I have.

Associate
You can fit 2x120 but I'd prefer to have a nice full 360mm worth of res wall for the aesthetics like the 360 distro. Apart from looks, only benefit you'll get is having more water in the loop which will take slightly longer to heat up. (gpu on 240 for me).

I'm soft tubing this time, done hardline before and if you're a constant part swapper, hard line is a pita.

The outlet on these is the middle port so keep that in mind for routing tube. I like pump to rad to component so I've ended up with crossed tubes. Can sort with additional fittings but that just adds onto cost. You'd probably need to sit down and plan well for hard tube.

The 120 can go higher if needed so you can use the bottom ports instead of side. Not checked but would assume so and just put the small 60mm plate between the res instead of on top like I have.
Great, thanks for the info.

I ordered an AIO unit yesterday anyway, so no rush for me to sort it now.

Associate
No bother. All considered, xl is a really good case, not much wonder it's so popular! Dynamic is decent as well and served me well using AIO and hybrid GPU, xl the better case for custom loop imo.

Soldato
Lovely job that, i considered this when i first saw the FLT's since i had already purchased the FLT 240 but i wanted something abit more even so opted for 2 x FLT 120's instead with a single fan in the middle for intake.

Wish i had gone for the XL to begin with though, i can only squeeze so much into a O11D.

U1nQG9N.jpg

Associate
Lovely job that, i considered this when i first saw the FLT's since i had already purchased the FLT 240 but i wanted something abit more even so opted for 2 x FLT 120's instead with a single fan in the middle for intake.

Wish i had gone for the XL to begin with though, i can only squeeze so much into a O11D.

U1nQG9N.jpg

that’s what I am now thinking of doing, but in the xl.

Associate

U1nQG9N.jpg
I love the dual colour scheme given by the dual loop, in the lads O11D we had to get the Dremel out to make the 2nd 360 fit into the back of the side fan mounts it kept fowling the cables and wouldn't line up on a couple of mounting holes.
I guess a third 360 is possible in that case then but only in single loop guise if there is to be any hope of decent air circulation, but as I said its the dual colour coolant that I like in this build.

Back
Top Bottom