Obi Wan Kenobi (Disney+)

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Wonder if Vaders voice is done by ai now, it sounds correct vs the old movies, in rogue one it sounded noticably older with Jones reprising the role.

Apparently it's JEJ reprising his role in this which is excellent. Iconically distinctive and menacing.

Soldato
dunno found obi wan to be too much of a wimp. How does this slow moving guy appear Infront of Ben all the time? After years of waiting, he lets him escape lol

Did reva actually lie to Vader and try to imply Ben killed the grand inquisitor? She's got guts, doesn't she know the risks and that Vader can find out.

Man of Honour
dunno found obi wan to be too much of a wimp. How does this slow moving guy appear Infront of Ben all the time? After years of waiting, he lets him escape lol

Did reva actually lie to Vader and try to imply Ben killed the grand inquisitor? She's got guts, doesn't she know the risks and that Vader can find out.

Although it’s tough to see him like it, Obi Wan is clearly suffering from PTSD which isn’t surprising after all he’s been through. Hopefully Qui Gon sets him straight.

Tunnel issue aside, episode delivered on an epic scale. Really enjoyed

Basically every scene with Vader is epic. Could watch a series with him in for days.

Caporegime
Could Reva be trying to earn favour with Vader to get closer to him and eventually try and assassinate him? I assume she was the youngling who escaped at the start of episode 1.

Obviously she can't blame Obi wan for order 66 when she's working for the man that literally attacked the jedi temple and killed the younglings, so that's my theory.

She's playing the long looooong game.

Man of Honour
This was my main gripe with the episode too. Vader wrecked obi wan like a badass. Then after finally having caught him after 10 years just turns and walks off because the fire he started himself flared up again. Instead of just walking round it or doing the exact thing he'd been doing a second before. Drag his ass back over. But nah storm off instead because reasons.

I guess it could be explained with him saying his pain had only just begun and he wanted him to feel hunted down, etc. making it a game to torment Obi - but it was pretty odd.

I always find these fights a bit immersion breaking when it comes to the use (or not) of force powers, even assuming Obi was suffering a PTSD type condition. In theory Obi should be able to protect himself from the fire using a variety of force abilities.

Soldato
Could Reva be trying to earn favour with Vader to get closer to him and eventually try and assassinate him? I assume she was the youngling who escaped at the start of episode 1.

Obviously she can't blame Obi wan for order 66 when she's working for the man that literally attacked the jedi temple and killed the younglings, so that's my theory.

She's playing the long looooong game.
She'll get bodied instantly

Soldato
I can't disagree at all with all the criticisms, especially Reva waving her lightsaber
at Obi and Leia as they escape in the automatic cargo ship thingy
, it was like a kids cartoon lol. But I have to admit, I still really enjoyed it.

Soldato
You now what really cause my ire to rise more than anything? The fact that when Vader was on screen there wasn't even an inking of The Imperial March, not even a few subdued bars of it.

Oh, and this

6L6BFgZ.jpg

After everyone was dead he continued on foot, he didn't take the hover truck. So why did he shoot it and disable the laser barrier when he could've just walked around it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
You could also ask why did Obi decide to surrender when the transport with 3 storm troopers and the double agent showed up? Hadn't he just taken out 4 of them with ease?

Back
Top Bottom