Obi Wan Kenobi (Disney+)

Caporegime
Episode was great overall. Same small niggles that other people mentioned. The nostalgia of seeing the same actors again is enough to forget the small errors. So far Owen Lars, Senator, Vader, Obi-Wan and the clone trooper and Vaders voice. Only 3 episodes left and I haven't read much about this show in advance (on purpose), but i'm fully expecting Laim Neeson to turn up as a Force ghost.

Young Leia was still in it this week and interacting with Obi Wan even more. They will have to think of some plot device to make her forget her adventures with him to maintain Canon with the later films.

rp2000

Man of Honour
Episode was great overall. Same small niggles that other people mentioned. The nostalgia of seeing the same actors again is enough to forget the small errors. So far Owen Lars, Senator, Vader, Obi-Wan and the clone trooper and Vaders voice. Only 3 episodes left and I haven't read much about this show in advance (on purpose), but i'm fully expecting Laim Neeson to turn up as a Force ghost.

Young Leia was still in it this week and interacting with Obi Wan even more. They will have to think of some plot device to make her forget her adventures with him to maintain Canon with the later films.

rp2000

And for obi wan to somehow end this pursuit and disappear again. If he reconnects with the force can’t Vader find him easily again? Still, like you say, it’s all enough so far to overlook a few niggles and some of these might be explained in later episodes. Shame we only have 3 left.

Caporegime
And for obi wan to somehow end this pursuit and disappear again. If he reconnects with the force can’t Vader find him easily again? Still, like you say, it’s all enough so far to overlook a few niggles and some of these might be explained in later episodes. Shame we only have 3 left.
You're right, 3 episodes left to basically do a reset! I have faith they will mange it somehow, but even if they don't if we see Liam Neeson as Qui-Gon, all will be forgiven :D

p.s. I know this isn't the VR thread, but if any of you have some sort of PC VR or Quest 2, I highly recommend Vader Immortal Episode 3. You use light sabres, blasters, force powers in VR against droids, storm troopers etc. There is some story line mode where you meet and fight vader, but I just play the lighsabre dojo and pretend I'm a Jedi. There are accurate versions of all the various light sabres to unlock as well and the physics are very realistic.

rp2000

Man of Honour
Oh, and this

6L6BFgZ.jpg
Just makes me think of this...
blazing-saddles.gif

Caporegime
Caporegime
*Sigh*

Not really surprising considering what happened to Kelly Marie Tran.
The weird thing is there's always been Alien and black characters in Star Wars, quite why it's a problem is weird.

Last edited:
Soldato
The Star Wars fan base gets more toxic with each film and tv series. We’ve seen it too many times.

Just to correct your hyperbole - A tiny 0.000001% of the hundreds of millions of Star Wars fans worldwide gets more toxic. Maybe worth remembering that when you're lumping the hundreds of millions who aren't racist idiots in with a handful that are.

Man of Honour
Just to correct your hyperbole - A tiny 0.000001% of the hundreds of millions of Star Wars fans worldwide gets more toxic. Maybe worth remembering that when you're lumping the hundreds of millions who aren't racist idiots in with a handful that are.

Say that to Jake Lloyd, Ahmed Best etc. It’s a long list and has been far more than hundreds in the past. It’s a shame we’ve now moved into new territory. However small the percentage it also doesn’t make it right. You seem determined to gloss over the issue though by throwing out percentages constantly rather than calling out the problem.

Soldato
Say that to Jake Lloyd, Ahmed Best etc. It’s a long list and has been far more than hundreds in the past. It’s a shame we’ve now moved into new territory. However small the percentage it also doesn’t make it right.

Who said only being a small percentage makes it right? I didn't say anything like that so who did? Please quote the person that said this so we can all see it. I'll wait.

You seem determined to gloss over the issue though by throwing out percentages constantly rather than calling out the problem.

I called them racist idiots, that's "calling them out" and it's not glossing over anything. Instead its keeping things in perspective because hundreds of millions of good people are either being ignored by you because of a handful of racist ones or worst, being lumped in together with them.

Soldato
If you don't like the Third Sister character and you dare to criticise the actresses' poor performance, you are a racist. You must apologise, you must bend the knee and you must enjoy her performance.

Soldato
She's literally being sent racist messages.

But yeah, sure, let's go with your narrative Instead as you clearly know better.
No one's denying she received a few racist messages, how ever a large portion of the ones she showed weren't racial in nature and the racists ones were, how to put it, from non western sounding names shall we say. Regardless, I think most people are pointing out Disney's hypocrisy - they'd happily throw her under a bus to get a slice of the Asian market.

Soldato
If you don't like the Third Sister character and you dare to criticise the actresses' poor performance, you are a racist. You must apologise, you must bend the knee and you must enjoy her performance.

Err, what on earth. Where have you spun that from.

You go onto say, you aren't denying she is receiving racist messages. So where has this post even come from.

Caporegime
Fairly easy to criticise an actor's performance without mentioning race or gender really.

Also - it's generally the writing that's to blame, not the actor. Even Ewan McGregors performance in phantom menace is pretty poor, most likely because the dialogue was naff and George Lucas wasn't that interested in character.

It got better as the sequels came out, but it was still hampered by bad scriptwriting and dialogue

Back
Top Bottom