Obi Wan Kenobi (Disney+)

Associate
I do hope to see him go see yoda to help with his training to talk to whats his name as it seems he still hasnt managed to commune with him yet.
I think at some point in this series Obi Wan will be able to reconnect with Qui Gin via the force allowing him to become the Jedi Master he is in a New Hope.

Soldato
Thats the sort of Youtuber I was referring to in another post who is monetarily incentivised to hate on everything.

If you see their videos that youtuber just reports what media outlets are saying 95% of the time, he literally just reads news stories written by media saying those "clickbait" headline stories. The other 5% is a podcast where he gets together with various similar youtubers who all do the same thing - reading out media stories - and go back over the stuff they've all been reacting too. Literally nothing they make a video on is their own work, so really its the media making these stories who "hate on everything" and the youtuber is just a guy reading out-loud what they said.

I mean I get that he's a fan of various franchises over decades and has now seen them all them being "rebooted" into failure after failure due to poor writing, which is why he picks certain stories to read out, but when a "new" film/series comes out which is actually well written he is full of nothing but praise for it.

Maybe if there was a more well written stories about, the media would have less to report on and in turn the youtuber would have less media to read out-loud and might be forced into creating more of their own material.

Caporegime
First episode of Obi Wan was awesome, I preferred it to The Mandalorian in that it took itself seriously. Episode 2 was TERRIBLE... gorgous visuals but an awful script and the most annoying thing was how much air time they gave Leia, who they sadly wrote to be a brat who talks like she is 20 years old but has zero sense and acts in a completely ridiculous way which breaks all sense of immersion. The fake Jedi guy was also just head-scratchingly awful and don't get me started on how utterly unimpressive the female inquisitor with a hard on for Obi Wan is.

I hope Episode 3 gets things back on track when I watch it tomorrow...

Last edited:
Caporegime
It's basically Obi-wan with PTSD so far, disconnected from the force.

I assume he will batter Vader at some point because of what Vader says when they meet in episode IV ("I was but an apprentice, now I am the master")

Associate
Is Obi wan the new Captain Picard? IE old and useless.
Appears so. What I don't get is at the end of revenge of the sith, Yoda says he will teach Obi Wan how to communicate with his old master. We fast forward to 10 years later and it looks like he didn't bother using it at all, makes you think what's the point of including it in the recap intro when he has done sweet fa.
Also in order to look after Luke and ensure he is protected, one would think he would have have at least maintained his lightsaber fighting prowess in secrecy just in case. But nooooooooooo.

Soldato
I'm fairly sure it was strongly implied in the first episode that they had to shut themselves off from the force to be able to hide in plain sight where there is a bunch of dark side force users hunting them. Force users can sense other force users, that's well established in star wars long before this series.

I'm not sure Obi-Wan would last long if he was getting his saber out every 30 seconds for the last 10 years.

Associate
I'm fairly sure it was strongly implied in the first episode that they had to shut themselves off from the force to be able to hide in plain sight where there is a bunch of dark side force users hunting them. Force users can sense other force users, that's well established in star wars long before this series.

I'm not sure Obi-Wan would last long if he was getting his saber out every 30 seconds for the last 10 years.
I agree with the use of the force, but he could easily have kept up with his lightsaber training in secret in his cave or in the desert imo.

Soldato
Their sabre skills come from the force. It’s the one thing that Obi-Wan teaches Luke at the start of episode 4 before he is chopped down by Vader.

Man of Honour
Yes. Another heroic male figure torn down to be dominated by a fem, Master Chief, Loki, Bobba Fett.

Same trope, show after show after show.

What tripe are you posting. Obi Wan suffering ptsd and dominated by Vader. So lore accurate.

I don’t know why half of you bother watching these shows since you seem determined to moan about them.

Soldato
What tripe are you posting. Obi Wan suffering ptsd and dominated by Vader. So lore accurate.

I don’t know why half of you bother watching these shows since you seem determined to moan about them.

I mean if you enjoy this tripe then fine, but don't tell me I donlt know what I'm watching. Obi can't even work out how to navigate a simple obstacle by walking around it or use some transport when needed, that's PTSD is it?

LMAO.

Permabanned
I mean if you enjoy this tripe then fine, but don't tell me I donlt know what I'm watching. Obi can't even work out how to navigate a simple obstacle by walking around it or use some transport when needed, that's PTSD is it?

LMAO.
hello-there-kenobi.gif

Soldato
You now what really cause my ire to rise more than anything? The fact that when Vader was on screen there wasn't even an inking of The Imperial March, not even a few subdued bars of it.

Oh, and this

6L6BFgZ.jpg

After everyone was dead he continued on foot, he didn't take the hover truck. So why did he shoot it and disable the laser barrier when he could've just walked around it.

And this what you think is quality TV! Shills for anything with SW written on it. Just consume and don't think about it too hard.

LMAO.

Soldato

Because they're fans.

Fans watch the franchises they like, fans don't like it when what they consider to be bad writing negatively effects the franchises they like. If you are a fan then thats great, I haven't seen anyone saying you shouldn't like what you like, but I have seen comments saying that people who didn't like it shouldn't complain and/or shouldn't watch it - someone telling other fans not to watch sounds like that person is gatekeeping to me (something very negative in fandom) and it doesn't sound like that person is really a fan, well to me at least.

Man of Honour
Because they're fans.

Fans watch the franchises they like, fans don't like it when what they consider to be bad writing negatively effects the franchises they like. If you are a fan then thats great, I haven't seen anyone saying you shouldn't like what you like, but I have seen comments saying that people who didn't like it shouldn't complain and/or shouldn't watch it - someone telling other fans not to watch sounds like that person is gatekeeping to me (something very negative in fandom) and it doesn't sound like that person is really a fan, well to me at least.

Agreed, it’s entirely up to people if they want to watch it. It’s unusual that anyone would want to spend so many hours watching an ‘entertainment’ series that they dislike so much, but then some people love misery and love to post about it over and over online.

Soldato
To be fair, ‘Star Wars fans’ as you describe them heavily criticise everything outside of Episodes 4-6.

At this point can you call yourself a ‘fan’ if you don’t actually like 8/11 films, and the numinous TV shows which have been produced?

Man of Honour
To be fair, ‘Star Wars fans’ as you describe them heavily criticise everything outside of Episodes 4-6.

At this point can you call yourself a ‘fan’ if you don’t actually like 8/11 films, and the numinous TV shows which have been produced?

I think there’s probably a distinction now of fans and the material pre and post Disney. Even pre Disney content is pretty divisive.

Back
Top Bottom