Obi Wan Kenobi (Disney+)

Caporegime
Hello There! and i loved it.

A better ending than any of the really nonsensical episodes that kinda makes a few more ??? questions than answers, but sure whatever..... Care mode off
I do like Ewen McGregor.
Its done, onto the next product.

Soldato
Trash TV.

That fight, Jesus christ. 1/10 based on that scene alone. Makes no sense at all.

The one where a couple of stormtroopers were wrecked by a couple of weak-ass slaps to the helmet was comedy gold, the whole escape was an embarassment in film-making, it looks like something from the Sci-Fi channel in the 90s made for a tenner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drt9bDwj4TU - 11:11 or thereabouts

Man of Honour
BTW I didn't hate the show, I quite enjoyed it. I just recognise it wouldn't have taken much to really lift this and by and large it feels like Lucasfilm doesn't care enough to try.

Yeah that is my feeling - there are some good bits but it wouldn't have taken much to really lift it to another level without some of the silly irritations which detract from it.

Soldato
Overall I enjoyed it

Negatives - Some very questionable CGI at times, adults inability to catch a 10 year old child, Stormtrooper and Star Destroyer inability to hit anything they shot at.

Positives - Tied things together quite well without rewriting history, showing/introducing injures to bridge the swirly swirly lightsaber action of the prequels to the more swing and clobber of the originals, the Vader/Obi fight making use of the force etc.
Erm wut? In every star wars media we have they don't hit anything what's new there.

I'm yet to watch the finale myself but it's on watch list for this evening/tomorrow

Permabanned
Was tempted to download this but not sure if I want to watch an Obi Wan Kenobi show where Obi Wan Kenobi is a supporting character.

Reviews are not kind to this show...

Don
Was tempted to download this
Got to love those legal downloads :confused:
(Especially relevant for people making a critical opinion of something they haven't even paid for!)

but not sure if I want to watch an Obi Wan Kenobi show where Obi Wan Kenobi is a supporting character.

Reviews are not kind to this show...
Maybe make your own decision rather than just listening to reviews.

If you enjoy Star Wars in general then it's worth a watch, regardless of it's flaws.

If you either don't like Star Wars in the first place (as apparently some people seem to watch it anyway and then complain), or don't like anything other than the original Trilogy, then I'd suggest giving it a miss.

Permabanned
Couldn't get past episode 3. Utter nonsense. The force has always and will always be the same nonsensical tent pole for weak action scenes and poor plot development, but it was at it's worst here. Half the situations force users find themselves in could be solved with a simple force push/pull, but conveniently that particular power disappears when the writers need to artificially inflate the 'tension'.

I'll buy into any old nonsense for the sake of entertainment and perhaps I could have forgiven the obvious holes here if the writing weren't so shambolic. Complete and utter dross.

Soldato
I quite enjoyed it. I personally thought the Vader/Obi fight was well done and well scored. However it was pretty badly ripped off from Rebels with the exception that Obi Wan knew Vader was Anakin and Ahsoka didnt making it more impactful.

Back
Top Bottom