Obi Wan Kenobi (Disney+)

Soldato
No one loves Star Wars as much as a star wars fan either ;)
I was including myself in my sweeping statement, however I won't say I hate it, i'm just utterly dejected with the poor care and attention they're paying towards the franchise. However the reality is that neither myself or other middle aged Star Wars nerds are the target demographic anymore.

Soldato
Can build moon sized battle stations, and impressive dark side phallic water towers. Decent glass? **** that.

Safestyle UK must have Coruscant branch. "You buy one, you get one free. I say you buy one, you get one free. Trust me, it's free fitting"

I just binged the first 4 episodes, after keeping an eye on this thread and seeing the mixed reactions. I must say I am in the "enjoying it for what it is" camp. I have no axe to grind against the Reva character or actress, and after an initial involuntary spasm of "Urgh! That kid!", I quickly came off that and accept that she is just a really really young actress and who am I to criticise how they have created the character and what they want to do, and most of all how the kid should not be the target of any kind of internet hate, since she is just a kid. Personally I think she does get better as the episodes go. I think it is cool to see how a weakened Obi Wan has to rediscover himself as the series goes on, rather than instantly being a bad ass from the get go. It helps to emphasise how much he had given up so to speak.

I would agree that the cloak made for two escape was pretty laughable, if only Obi Wan had stumbled across a cricket bat duffle bag on the way to the hanger bay he could have stuffed her in.

Overall I am liking it much more than the Boba episodes of Boba, I wouldn't mind there being more than one season of this. Don't know if Obi Wan saying he had a brother was established canon or not, but maybe a possible future hook for a series?

Soldato
I
I was including myself in my sweeping statement, however I won't say I hate it, i'm just utterly dejected with the poor care and attention they're paying towards the franchise. However the reality is that neither myself or other middle aged Star Wars nerds are the target demographic anymore.

I whole-heartedly agree with you. The fanbase is getting older and so I can completely understand why Disney would attempt to gain new younger fans but the way they've done it, at the expense of losing older fans, with the much maligned Sequel Trilogy has seemingly done more harm than good.

I'm at the point where I can't look away from the car crash that is "Disney Star Wars" rather than being excited by it which is a massive shame as I can't see there being enough "new" fans to make up for the loss in revenue caused by losing the older fans, which means new Star Wars might effectively wither and die.

Caporegime
They didn't really say anything about the robot when he died this week. In previous episodes the camera has focused on him in a way that I was expecting more. If the twist was he was in love with the path agent (Tala?) Then they didn't explore or explain it beyond the death scene they shared.

Anyway I'm sure there will be so much hatred and criticism in this thread tomorrow, when the finale airs.

I'm in the "enjoy it for what it is" camp otherwise known as the "shut up and consume" gang :D

rp2000

Soldato
, which means new Star Wars might effectively wither and die.
It's what happens when ****** writers get involved that don't respect the source material. Its been 7 odd years since TFA and if anything the fanbase of star wars has shrunk, kids (well teenagers) generally don't care for it, it's not grabbed their attentions like it did their parents. To be fair it's probably best it dies at this point

Man of Honour
Holy crap, Obi Wan, finally the man we know from the clone wars. That final talk with Vader was epic with the switching of the voices. At least the ‘I was but the learner’ makes sense now as does why Obi Wan calls him ‘Darth’ in ANH. More and better lightsaber fights than the whole of the sequel trilogy. Nice touch with Vader suddenly having to switch to two hands.

The emperor throwing shade at Vader as ever. At least now we know why Vader stops hunting him, he’s afraid of him, he’s been owned twice and even the emperor is now telling him to leave it.

Most importantly we finally get Qui Gon and John Williams!!

Far from perfect, but it sits well with me and gave us some great key moments.

Time to watch ANH then I guess.

Last edited:
Soldato
yeah pretty happy overall

like i said before some dodgeyness in points of the series with low production value? not so much this episode

the star destroyer looked excellent

some slightly poor story telling in certain scenes of the series, again not this episode

like the trenchcoat escape

my only complaints this episode
got very very close to messing up luke by him seeing a lightsaber etc but just managed to avoid it
also obi wan has a hyperspace ship now but doesn't in 9 years time? also they couldn't escape on that at the start of this episode?

again the volume not used quite so seemlessly this series, in this episode like
outside the lars farm at nighttime, seemed to look better in the day?

Associate
Obi Wans does a power level over 9000, wtf pwns Vader (Dumb) and the rest of the show is filler. Oh Reva was going to become a child killer , after being a phycological victim to one but doesn't because a) Luke has plot armour, and b) this is her redemption arch. Oh Liam Neeson get's few ghost lines in which I am sure was highly profitable for him to do, a pot of mickey mouse coins earned there.

Associate
Just finished ep 6. Overall the series as a whole wasn't bad, just wasn't great.

I still stand by my opinion and think this should've been a short film like Rogue One. There was an unneccesary amount of filler episodes, which is typical of Disney'fied' Star Wars cash cow these days.

There were some nice touches though and I feel Ewan done Obi Wan character justice, his face when he made eye contact with Anakin was gut wrenching.

Really hope they draw a line under this now and the Reva storyline ends here too. Don't need a spin off of that.

I'm sure there'll be a fan edit of this soon on YT!

Oh and... "Hello there!"

Caporegime
Great episode. Can't be bothered with the tags but agree with everything @CaptainRAVE said in his spoiler tags.

What a debacle that was.

Are they bothering with S2 of the "Not -Obi Wan Kenobi" show, or are they moving staright to Reva S1?

I sent an email to Disney last week with some of your thoughts. They now fully agree with you and have abandoned plans for season 2. They requested that you continue to watch their D+ shows and send any feedback to them via email. They really want to hear the voice of fans like yourself so they setup an email address specifically for it.

[email protected]

rp2000

Soldato
Great episode. Can't be bothered with the tags but agree with everything @CaptainRAVE said in his spoiler tags.

I sent an email to Disney last week with some of your thoughts. They now fully agree with you and have abandoned plans for season 2. They requested that you continue to watch their D+ shows and send any feedback to them via email. They really want to hear the voice of fans like yourself so they setup an email address specifically for it.

[email protected]

rp2000

Did you dob in him for downloading it while you were at it? :D

Man of Honour
Obi-Wan taught me that lightsaber stab wounds are nothing but a flesh wound unless you're Qui-Gon

It’s been that way since the clone war series. Let’s not forget Maul who was chopped in half, falls down a shaft and lives. Vader even stabs himself in the comics. It’s become a bit ridiculous.

Soldato
It’s been that way since the clone war series. Let’s not forget Maul who was chopped in half, falls down a shaft and lives. Vader even stabs himself in the comics. It’s become a bit ridiculous.
Yeah but Maul used the power of the force to keep himself alive through his hatred and desire for vengeance, I guess Qui-Gon did similar but only made it back as a force ghost to chat with Yoda

Man of Honour
Yeah but Maul used the power of the force to keep himself alive through his hatred and desire for vengeance, I guess Qui-Gon did similar but only made it back as a force ghost to chat with Yoda

They also forgot about force heal. It’s time for a completely new era completely unrelated to the skywalkers, it’s all a bit of a mess now.

Back
Top Bottom