Obi Wan Kenobi (Disney+)

Soldato
Oh yeah definitely. As i have said before, i really loved the introduction of the inquisitors and some of the later fights were spectacular (Ahsoka v Vader) and the demise of Maul was a great scene along with the Thrawn arc.

The Clone Wars was a little weird to me but understandable. The primarily focus on the villains Palpatine, Dooku and Greivous the latter 2 were dealt with in the movies and seemed missing from the show.. The end is fantastic storytelling very similar to the way that Rogue One told a story that we already know how it ends but in such a compelling way makes great viewing.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have to say, I'm not very hopeful. The trailer doesn't actually look very good at all.

This will be another run of the mill cash grab.

Let's be honest, mando and fett weren't brilliant. I think they automatically get some brownie points for simply being in the star wars universe.

The problem is there isn't many good writers around. Don't expect a good storyline. I hope I'm wrong.

Soldato
I like the use of Blasters over the silliness of trying to hide that you're a Jedi but still using the iconic Lightsabre, which is something I wondered if Lucasfilm might want to force into the Tv show for Toy Sales irrespective of "in universe reality".

I'm hoping it's good as I like Obi-Wan but I also wonder if the story is worth telling seen as we already know all the outcomes so does the journey between the start/finish need to be told.

Permabanned
Erm...look at the recent star wars film and series history!
Rogue one being the only true beauty amongst a pile of stinkers.
Rogue One wasn't even that good though really, forgettable characters, mediocre acting. The only redeeming quality of that film was the end Vader scene. Rest completely forgettable.

I like Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan and think he deserves to be back on screen, and to see what they do with Hayden. We shall see. Fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom