*** OcUk 2011 Distributed Computing Competition ***

Man of Honour
Mr Biffa and Mr Reaver sah's can we add you to the growing list of competitors in this competition ? "in it to win it" :D

I would feel somewhat churlish, I am sure there are many more worthy of hardware than me. I'm actually digging around to find some hardware to donate to the competition :eek:

Tell you what I'll go in it for the vouchers but not for the hardware, or if I win the hardware I would like to defer it to the person who came after me if that makes sense. :confused:

Soldato
OP
I would feel somewhat churlish, I am sure there are many more worthy of hardware than me. I'm actually digging around to find some hardware to donate to the competition :eek:

Tell you what I'll go in it for the vouchers but not for the hardware, or if I win the hardware I would like to defer it to the person who came after me if that makes sense. :confused:

A very generous gesture Mr Biffa sah, duly entered and the best of luck to you :D
Rather than defer the hardware to the next person might i suggest we Members Market it and split the proceeds between a seti donation and Mr Berserkers hosting costs if you were to win? entirely upto you good luck!!!:D

Associate
Ok then, as folding seemed the most useful out of all of them i'll go for some processor heavy PC's, and not worry too much about GPU's.

If i got 2600K's, would OC affect the scores positively? If so, i might WC them and get some serious OC's on them.

Also, does amount of RAM affect them? Would just 1 or 2 sticks be sufficient, or should i whack 16GB in? :D

Associate
Just to make sure, does it just have to be 14 days out of the hole competition time of folding? so not 14 days in row?, and can I fold between milkyway, seti and rosetta or does it all have to be in one project?

Thanks.

Associate
Mr Biffa and Mr Reaver sah's can we add you to the growing list of competitors in this competition ? "in it to win it" :D

I'm in pretty much the same position as Biffa there are people that would benefit much more from the hardware than me.

A very generous gesture Mr Biffa sah, duly entered and the best of luck to you :D
Rather than defer the hardware to the next person might i suggest we Members Market it and split the proceeds between a seti donation and Mr Berserkers hosting costs if you were to win? entirely upto you good luck!!!:D

I'll be 'in it to win it' for the vouchers but feel free to do any of the above suggestions with the hardware if i won any.

Soldato
OP
Just to make sure, does it just have to be 14 days out of the hole competition time of folding? so not 14 days in row?, and can I fold between milkyway, seti and rosetta or does it all have to be in one project?

Thanks.

Hi manbearpig it is 14 days of consecutive credit so yes 14 days of credit it can be across different projects but 14 days in a row i'm afraid, seti is up and running now so there should be no difficulty in downloading enough work :)

Thanks for participating sah!

I'm in pretty much the same position as Biffa there are people that would benefit much more from the hardware than me.

I'll be 'in it to win it' for the vouchers but feel free to do any of the above suggestions with the hardware if i won any.

Thanks for that Mr Reaver sah, duly entered and the best of luck to you!:D

In it to win it!

Means as I already do SETI :D

FluffySheep

Nice one FluffySheep, duly entered and hope you win something for your efforts!:D

Associate
How will you be measuring the 14 days of credit? wil you be using teamocuk.co.uk or similar? Will you feedback to competitors when they have hit the 14 days of credit so we know we are legit?

FluffySheep

Soldato
OP
How will you be measuring the 14 days of credit? wil you be using teamocuk.co.uk or similar? Will you feedback to competitors when they have hit the 14 days of credit so we know we are legit?

FluffySheep

Will check credit on 18th september when i pose the question and will update next to the name how many days credit has been done, which should give people plenty of time to either up the stakes or relax. Will be using BoincStats to check credit etc :)

Soldato
OP
In It To Win It!

Well, it tells me no work available to process :S

EDIT: Also, what should I do in the case ut works? I just leave my PC running with the program open?

Hi The_Malteser , yes afraid seti is not releasing work again so while its not handing out work ever thought of Folding - its a worthy cause and exactly how to get started can be found right here
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18310747
Thanks for participating any questions please feel free to ask in the seti news thread or the folding@home thread .... help is allways at hand :D

Duly entered and the very best of luck to you, we are allmost down to 7 weeks left during which entrants have to have 14 days continuous credit spread across as many projects as you like as long as its positive credit :)

Back
Top Bottom