OcUK Beers of the World Mk2 Weekly Results - Round N -

Soldato
I'm maintaining alcohol is the reason.

Unless your doubting the champagne in which case it could be argued it was between 3 but since my stepdaughter had the tiniest amounts I don't think it's valid.

Also had a pretty ropey beer inbetween. Thing it was the Odell 5 pale Ale. Nowhere near as nice as the 90 shilling beer :(

Caporegime
OP
Latest voting...

PapaLazaru - 6 yeses from 9 votes - Gets points

Mike306 - 5 yeses from 9 votes

pingwing - 2 yeses from 9 votes - No points

Still to vote are...

Ahleckz
Sonea_Fifer
Mrs_Seabiscuit

Last edited:
Soldato
Mike - No chance. Just miles away, it's not even tangible. It's the type of thing that you could probably find a meaning in any beer.

Papa - I'd say that was quite clearly in reference to carat (also spelt karat) and therefore doesn't count.

Pingwing - Again, no. If he entered 'Crown' beer then I'd be with him but to go through translation is pushing it.

Therefore, nil points all round.

Soldato
Just to add papa there are quite a few little micro breweries in Italy producing some really good stuff.

Only problem is a lot tend to come in wine bottle sized bottles and be quite expensive.

Well I have never seen any before, but that shop I got it from has a few others of theirs so will try them out as it was seriously lovely. Really pricey even for a little bottle though.

Soldato
Apologies for the delayed reply - been stuck at work since 05:30 :(

It doesn't look like my vote will make any difference to the outcome for the recipients anyway but I would have voted yes for all three. :)

Unfortunate circumstances for Mr Seabiscuit but if his entry hadn't come through by the allocated time then it's a no show. Perhaps it's time to ditch outlook dude :p

I was quite confident of full marks this week thinking no one else would possibly have an ale brewed in the Hebrides - then along came Ahleckz and dashed my hopes :rolleyes:

Caporegime
OP
Well Sonea _Fifer has voted, but he was wrong about making no difference...

If he had voted No on Mike306 then he would have had 5 from 10 and therefore no majority, but he didn't so PapaLazaru and Mike306 get their points. Poor pingwing, well he knew already. I'll update everything later as I'm busy killing a case of Bud outside :D

Back
Top Bottom