OcUK Beers of the World Mk2 Weekly Results - Round P -

Caporegime
OP
Yeah I'd have swapped places with her in a heartbeat but I still know she would've been the bravest. Sat here watching her sleeping while I sip a coffee waiting on all of this to sink in.

Caporegime
OP
Seabiscuit I didn't forget about the screenshot (check spoiler mate). I know you don't doubt me mate and I honestly wish I knew why it was happening, but just for everybody's peace of mind here it is.

zxla.png

Caporegime
OP
Could SB copy in your trust email in future entries maybe. Or could you try deleting / changing your inbox rule?

Or could Mrs SB email in for him as long as its clearly marked?

The only inbox rule is anything from a certain email address goes to a certain inbox. That's it, nothing else and it still doesn't explain why others get through fine, and that includes Seabiscuit.

I've no problem keeping an eye this week and reporting back if it doesn't get through by an earlier time, or by all means send it via Mrs_Seabiscuit or use my trust email. Same name as here at live with the co and the UK part :)

Associate
Hi DJ,

Firstly, best wishes to a speedy recovery for you daughter, hope she's feeling better soon. And best wishes from me and MrsSeabiscuit to all your family. And hope you get some rest too, sounds like you're going to need it.

But yeah, that is strange, so the entry I sent on the Saturday, didn't arrive until the Sunday, but it arrived. The resend/forwarding of the message I sent on the Sunday hasn't got through, but another one from Sunday has.
Hmmm. Bloody computers. Who'd want them. ;)

Caporegime
OP
Hi DJ,

Firstly, best wishes to a speedy recovery for you daughter, hope she's feeling better soon. And best wishes from me and MrsSeabiscuit to all your family. And hope you get some rest too, sounds like you're going to need it.

But yeah, that is strange, so the entry I sent on the Saturday, didn't arrive until the Sunday, but it arrived. The resend/forwarding of the message I sent on the Sunday hasn't got through, but another one from Sunday has.
Hmmm. Bloody computers. Who'd want them. ;)

Thanks matey, she is doing well and will be pampered beyond belief.

To answer your questions, yes. Yes in a nutshell, the actual entry email (ie. Non FW) arrived on the Sunday after the other email you sent. The FW one still hasn't arrived, but I'll let you know if or when it does. I really can't understand it mate. If you want to do any or all of the above suggestions then please do. I for one have no problem with it and am sure no one else in the competition will have either.

Associate
When you get a minute spare (this isn't urgent, so don't worry if you can't), is there any chance you could email me the message headers for the last 4/5 emails you have received. It might show where the delay is occurring.
Not sure that I'll be able to understand it anyway :)

Caporegime
OP
When you get a minute spare (this isn't urgent, so don't worry if you can't), is there any chance you could email me the message headers for the last 4/5 emails you have received. It might show where the delay is occurring.

Not a problem mate, I'll sort you with anything you need. Though it will be a little later :)

Caporegime
OP

Not a problem mate, I'll sort you with anything you need. Though it will be a little later :)

Seabiscuit, I've just this very minute sent you all the details of the entry email you sent via your trust. If this isn't the info you wanted then please let me know what it is you need and I'll do my best to get you sorted mate.

:)

Soldato
Best wishes for your daughter DJ, how many weeks will she be in cast? I broke my elbow 10 years ago my only sensible advice is at any point in the whole event if they offer her anaesthetic (even if it means an extra day in hospital) take it. I thought I was cool enough to have the pins pulled out my elbow awake, it wasn't a nice experience.

Also are all porters supposed to be that sort of chocolatey creamy flavour/consistency? I really liked my entry just wasn't sure if most would taste like that (being unacknowledged about porters).

Caporegime
OP
Best wishes for your daughter DJ, how many weeks will she be in cast? I broke my elbow 10 years ago my only sensible advice is at any point in the whole event if they offer her anaesthetic (even if it means an extra day in hospital) take it. I thought I was cool enough to have the pins pulled out my elbow awake, it wasn't a nice experience.

Also are all porters supposed to be that sort of chocolatey creamy flavour/consistency? I really liked my entry just wasn't sure if most would taste like that (being unacknowledged about porters).

Damn, I was hoping it was going to be easy for her :( I take her back in 3 weeks time to have them removed and I was hoping it would be a quick in and out. She has three to be removed as well :(

As for the porter, I drank mine ages ago and can't even remember if I liked it!

Back
Top Bottom