OcUK Beers of the World Mk2 Weekly Results - Round P -

Caporegime
OP
What happened?

I caught her trying to steal beer from the fridge and slammed the door on her arm, five times!

No, I was actually in work whenever I got the message that she was being taken to hospital for a broken elbow after falling off a sofa while being chased by her sister! She ended up with a double fracture, almost two hours in theatre having it set and wires (pins) put in place. She's only 8 :(

9s94.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Awww! Well you can have the pins pulled out, but at 14 I turned white and felt like I was going to be sick when the woman lost her grip on the first one and had to take 2 stabs at it. So for her sake make her take the anaesthetic, its a day more in hospital but it takes away one of those memories that will always stick with me (and could never wish on an 8 year old).

On the plus side the pain killers they give you so you can't feel whats going on in the elbow are a blast, a great nights sleep to be had from them, and 3 weeks is a good recovery rate for her! I had 5 (including the week they didn't pin it and it got worse) but the physiotherapy afterwards is fun.

Back
Top Bottom