OcUK Beers of the World Mk2 Weekly Results - Round U -

Caporegime
OP
Do I not get Pale Ale in the name of my beer to push it over to 61??

Also NICEST BEER EVER :)

And well done to everyone for this fun round!
So that would mean....
What was allowed the last time, beer name only no beer type nor brewery name unless it formed part of the actual beer name itself ie. Budweiser. Keep in mind that was then and this is now...

Beer name and type ie Stout, lager, ale etc. If it is very descriptive the beer type will be the cutoff point for scoring. This make sense, and everyone happy?

Example: 'Brown's heavy dark ale with creamy undertones.'

It would be scored on 'Brown's heavy dark ale'

Everyone happy.... shout out now and agree before Saturday!

...um no points? :p

Soldato
On a separate note I was expecting a lot of people to enter " Simon Rimmer Presents a Beer to go with Chicken"

Which would've been 65 scrabble points and I've seen it in tesco and morrisons.

I saw one in Tesco's today actually that was the same but, 'to go with Steak'.... I did consider it, but in the end I wanted a short word with big scoring letters (hence the x's), I figured it'd be slightly rarer anyway as I was expecting everyone to go for the long ones.

kd

Associate
Quite correct mate :)

Updated:

Seabiscuit - 40th Anniversary Ale West Yorkshire Moors Railway = 71pts 7+4 Gets 11 points

Actually, if you look at all the pictures I sent you, it North Yorkshire. Just so no-one tries to call me out on that.
I sent three photo's (I can upload to dropbox or imgur if anyone partcularly wants proof) because the name curled around the label.

Caporegime
OP
Actually, if you look at all the pictures I sent you, it North Yorkshire. Just so no-one tries to call me out on that.
I sent three photo's (I can upload to dropbox or imgur if anyone partcularly wants proof) because the name curled around the label.

I'll update it ...again. :o

Edit:

Seabiscuit - 40th Anniversary Ale North Yorkshire Moors Railway = 72pts 7+4 Gets 11 points

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Your quite correct Marvt.... seabiscuit's should have stayed as it was from start...

40th Anniversary Ale

Seabiscuit - 40th Anniversary Ale = 25pts 2+4 Gets 6 points

Last edited:
Soldato
They won't be till everything is sorted, at this rate next year...

Why do I do this to myself?!

Because we all love you for organising this DJ - ((BIG HUGS)) :p

We always knew the scoring in this particular round was going to be a bit of a headache. I'm quite happy with my entry - it's brewed just along the road from me too :D

Good to see "March of the Penguins" making another show - I entered that one for this round last competition. Also well done KD for your first entry and a nice one at 10 points too. :)

Back
Top Bottom