OcUK Beers of the World Mk2 Weekly Results - Round U -

Caporegime
OP
This round has seemed a little unclear of the ruling regarding points.

It was always going to be this way, but then once again nobody ever decided to contribute with suggestions, ideas or even a nudge in the right direction.

Once again, this highlights the need for 'everyone' to take the time to ask questions, give their input and generally iron out as many issues before the competition starts.

Caporegime
OP
Folks, I'm not saying for one single second this round has been scored correctly. I've made an attempt at it, if you don't agree then please shout out...

...but give an explanation why. Sooner this is resolved the quicker we can move on and drop this round forever!

Associate
pingwing with 9 would mean 0+4 Gets 4 points based on pale ale. Should clarify, they do other 'pale ales' hence the name that was taken.

But then both Brewdog Paradox beers have been taken as different beers called Paradox.

edit
Folks, I'm not saying for one single second this round has been scored correctly. I've made an attempt at it, if you don't agree then please shout out...

...but give an explanation why. Sooner this is resolved the quicker we can move on and drop this round forever!

Lol. Ok, ok. I'll drop everything now. I'm really not trying to make things difficult. And I really do appreciate all you've done making this happen. So I'll shut up and go and make a coffee.
Best regards to you DJ.

Caporegime
OP
seabiscuit you're not making things difficult mate. I did that the second I decided to include this round! :D

All I want is for everyone to be reasonably happy with this rounds outcome, yeah I know!

Soldato
I'm reasonably happy. Quite happy to move on. :)

But I should have scored 64 points. :p:D

One other thing, good luck to everyone for the rest of the comp as I won't be around for the rest of it. Please try not too make DJ's life to difficult. :) (If there turns out to be another 'Drink Off' you will have to do it without me.)

Soldato
My take for what it is worth... Everything should be on the label to be considered, the beer type is included this round but is the cut off point for the beer name. Obviously we are looking at beer names here.

Seabiscuit I believe is the victim of poor label design. On the Cropton brewery website it is referred to as NYMR 25th Anniversary Ale. Which makes actual grammatical sense? So it would be "North Yorkshire Moors Railway 25th Anniversary Ale"?

I'm not convinced of "Naturally Cloudy" being part of the beer name for Sonea_Fifer's entry.

Flagship is the name of silents entry?

Marvt74's entry I would've though would cut off at Edition?

Just my views, I have no vested interest being way down the order! :)

Caporegime
OP
My take for what it is worth... Everything should be on the label to be considered, the beer type is included this round but is the cut off point for the beer name. Obviously we are looking at beer names here.

Seabiscuit I believe is the victim of poor label design. On the Cropton brewery website it is referred to as NYMR 25th Anniversary Ale. Which makes actual grammatical sense? So it would be "North Yorkshire Moors Railway 25th Anniversary Ale"?

I'm not convinced of "Naturally Cloudy" being part of the beer name for Sonea_Fifer's entry.

Flagship is the name of silents entry?

Marvt74's entry I would've though would cut off at Edition?

Just my views, I have no vested interest being way down the order! :)

Cheers mate, much appreciated :)

Anyone else?

Soldato
Everyone should give feedback, we're all adults here and shouldn't be afraid of speaking our minds. Nobody should get offended on seeing feedback from others, it's not like anyone is going to try to sabotage someone's entry to get an advantage as anything raised has to go to a vote by all. This is a fun competition, but it does still have rules. To have rules that could cover any eventuality is quite difficult so the process of having a vote on borderline entries is a fair one, and adds to the drama :)

Caporegime
OP
Everyone should give feedback, we're all adults here and shouldn't be afraid of speaking our minds. Nobody should get offended on seeing feedback from others, it's not like anyone is going to try to sabotage someone's entry to get an advantage as anything raised has to go to a vote by all. This is a fun competition, but it does still have rules. To have rules that could cover any eventuality is quite difficult so the process of having a vote on borderline entries is a fair one, and adds to the drama :)

Spoken, with words dripping in wisdom!

This is a competition for everyone, and everyone should have their say.

;)

Last edited:
Associate
But then both Brewdog Paradox beers have been taken as different beers called Paradox.

edit

Lol. Ok, ok. I'll drop everything now. I'm really not trying to make things difficult. And I really do appreciate all you've done making this happen. So I'll shut up and go and make a coffee.
Best regards to you DJ.

Paradox is not a type of beer................. they release special stouts and going by last time scrabble competition and brew dog entry seem include the bit at the bottom like Californian pale ale, I'm guessing that's why me jokster went with our choices :)

Soldato
shall i make a suggestion. As this is confusing, lets drop the scrabble points?Its uk round so everyone either gets the usual 4 or 3 or 2 or 1 point so if i am correct that's everyone gets 4 points this round as there were no two same beers?

Also DJ did you not like my raised glass for you? also Sorry DJ i am not trying to make it hard for you I am sorry. :(:(:(:(:(:(

Caporegime
OP
Paradox is not a type of beer................. they release special stouts and going by last time scrabble competition and brew dog entry seem include the bit at the bottom like Californian pale ale, I'm guessing that's why me jokster went with our choices :)

Yes, that's why I included Paradox in the scoring. Now as for the cut off point, it has been already mentioned a few times that it's the beer type. So for Jokester and yourself that would be the word 'Stout'. This is why nothing else was scored.

shall i make a suggestion. As this is confusing, lets drop the scrabble points?Its uk round so everyone either gets the usual 4 or 3 or 2 or 1 point so if i am correct that's everyone gets 4 points this round as there were no two same beers?

Also DJ did you not like my raised glass for you? also Sorry DJ i am not trying to make it hard for you I am sorry. :(:(:(:(:(:(

Trust me, you're not making this hard for me so don't worry about it. If we hadn't played the round then I may have just been tempted to drop it, but we have and I honestly think it's only fair to carry on and see it through. Yes everyone gets 4 points but I feel they should also get the scrabble points too.

Caporegime
OP
Anyone else feel like saying anything, or is silence a sign of acceptance?

Forgot to add, well done KD on coming in late with an outstanding start :) oh and anyone seen Ahleckz?

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
FB = Free Beer ;)

You really need to get with the game DJ :p
Came home with 2 cases the other day... :p

pkpx.jpg

Ooh. How can I get involved with this free beer?
As above, get your nuts busted where I work.... :p

EDIT: Should add, this years winner will have the option once again..... of mystery prize thus forfeiting the beer ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom