OcUK Beers of the World Mk2 Weekly Results - Round U -

Soldato
Some very impressively sounding beers in this round. Good job folks! I just had to go with what I had in the house after trying a few in a Scrabble calculator. Oh well.

The Blandford Flyer has got a good taste of ginger without it being a ginger beer though, I find it quite refreshing.

Soldato
Some very impressively sounding beers in this round. Good job folks! I just had to go with what I had in the house after trying a few in a Scrabble calculator. Oh well.

The Blandford Flyer has got a good taste of ginger without it being a ginger beer though, I find it quite refreshing.

I've tried that Blandford Flyer as well, currently got two bottles of it in my fridge :p I found it to be a very nice and smooth tasting beer with the ginger coming through more as a slight spicy after taste and not at all over powering.

Associate
Well it's getting very confusing now how the rules are being applied, because surely if your only doing until it says a type of beer, if it even says a type of beer, Pingwing then only has Pale Ale, so nine scrabble points? And Silent has loads more words after what has been counted "bottle conditioned flagship strong zesty full handcrafted in the cotswold hills since", so 129 scrabble points?
Bu at the end of the day, it's got to be DJ's decision. We all want to have done well, and so I don't envy yo having to make the call.

Last edited:
Associate
At the end of the day, this should be for fun. And sorry if I'm seeming aggrieved, it's just that crushing blow of having points taken away. Sob.
But we all appreciate the time and work you put in DJ. So don't take anything too harshly, because it's not meant like that at all.
Ladies and Gentlemen, and anyone else, raise a pint glass to DirtyJester. (no hitting it on a table edge first!)
Cheers!

Soldato
At the end of the day, this should be for fun. And sorry if I'm seeming aggrieved, it's just that crushing blow of having points taken away. Sob.
But we all appreciate the time and work you put in DJ. So don't take anything too harshly, because it's not meant like that at all.
Ladies and Gentlemen, and anyone else, raise a pint glass to DirtyJester. (no hitting it on a table edge first!)
Cheers!

Good call and well said:

Cheers DJ :D

Caporegime
OP
So everyone happy with the points?

This would mean the leader board looking a bit like this...

• Marvt74 - 82
  • Mike306 - 82
  • Jokester - 81
  • pingwing - 77
  • Sonea_Fifer - 76
  • Mrs_Seabiscuit - 75
  • PapaLazaru - 73
  • Squid - 73
  • Raptor - 72
  • DirtyJester - 67
  • Repta - 63
  • silent - 60
  • Rojin - 59
  • Ahleckz - 57
  • Seabiscuit - 53
  • Windle - 53
  • bsoltan - 40
  • lordfilbuster - 24
  • Moobert - 24
  • cheechm - 22
  • J-FRO - 20
  • K.C. Leblanc - 14
  • Kanifee - 11
  • King_Damager - 10
  • robfosters - 10
  • ~Divine~Wind~ - 9
  • Voltar - 4

Last edited:
Associate
Not sure why Pingwing and Silent have the scores they have. Based on the rule of it being the name up to and including "beer type", Pingwing then only has Pale Ale, so a Scrabble score of 9. Silent has bottle conditioned flagship strong zesty full handcrafted in the cotswold hills since, so a Scrabble score of 129. I'd also think based on how some others have been counted that PapaLazzaru should have three more words counted from the middle of the label.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Not sure why Pingwing and Silent have the scores they have. Based on the rule of it being the name up to and including "beer type", Pingwing then only has Pale Ale, so a Scrabble score of 9. Silent has bottle conditioned flagship strong zesty full handcrafted in the cotswold hills since, so a Scrabble score of 129. I'd also think based on how some others have been counted that PapaLazzaru should have three more words counted from the middle of the label.

pingwing with 9 would mean 0+4 Gets 4 points based on pale ale. Should clarify, they do other 'pale ales' hence the name that was taken.

silent - his beer starts with Bottle conditioned flagship then you have the alcohol info size etc before any other details. Hence I cut it off where I did, sound right, no?

PapaLazaru - scored as entered by himself, I thought he was correct. All info taken from one section.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom