OcUK & Cutters Rolling Road Day 19 @ Powerstation (Tewksbury) - Saturday April 25th 2015!!

Was that during live mapping it at the end of the day?

Mapping went ok he increased limiter and said Rev it out we did and all was fine. Drove to pub, did a passenger ride but only using 8000rpm but when parked up engine was rattling sounding like bottom engine.

Not risking driving home getting recovered.

Gutted for you mate, if it's started to rattle just after revving it that hard, i'd be shocked if it wasn't serious.

I'm guessing it doesn't have ARP rod bolts ?

The stock limit on a CSL is 8000. Why is 8500 going to work.

These emailed maps are crazy

Agreed why I said is that safe, was not happy about it but they assured and said Rev it out.

Got guy on message now saying 8500 is fine just said put me back to 8k because clearly not, certainly not on my car.

He going to sort me out with some arp bolts and coated bearings, hopefully no damage is done and can swap out and be good. Will find out when stripped down!

Gutted for you mate, if it's started to rattle just after revving it that hard, i'd be shocked if it wasn't serious.

I'm guessing it doesn't have ARP rod bolts ?

Andy is with me sounds fine at idle but a little noise under load. Andy says as it is now probably fine but it won't do trip home.

Have to wait and see....

****! Knew I had forgotten something!! Came back from a work trip to HQ in Italy yesterday, slept for about 12 hours last night.

Next time! Good job I wasn't down as a runner; hopefully there'll be some changes to the Starlet by the time the next OcUK RR outing comes around.

Ouch, that really does suck.

With a bit of luck with catching it early you'll get away without needing a new crank and a rebuild with shells will be enough.

Are there any differences between the M3 and CSL as fair as oil system? Sounds like starvation

Andy is with me sounds fine at idle but a little noise under load. Andy says as it is now probably fine but it won't do trip home.

Have to wait and see....

It's the debris in the oil that will do the damage now as it will get pumped around the engine, contaminating everything, so just leave it turned off now until it comes apart.

Ouch, that really does suck.

With a bit of luck with catching it early you'll get away without needing a new crank and a rebuild with shells will be enough.

Are there any differences between the M3 and CSL as fair as oil system? Sounds like starvation

The standard rod bolts are crap, and with high revs they can and do stretch, once they stretch even a little, the clearances change, and you get knocking.

I was behind a mk1 (red and black) and mk2 (yellow) mx5 and a black 51 plate Silvia coming up the M5 earlier from the Cheltenham area. Anyone from here?

Also, someone post a vid of Vox's v8. That sounded immense! Did the v10 Audi make an appearance?

I have the video. Did you miss it do a run? Can't remember when you left lol. The V10 S6 showed up but made less power than it should imo.

Gibbo, you still at the pub then? Had no idea...got home at about 7.30pm. :o

Last edited:
I was behind a mk1 (red and black) and mk2 (yellow) mx5 and a black 51 plate Silvia coming up the M5 earlier from the Cheltenham area. Anyone from here?

That would have been Clarkey in the Silvia, and his two mates with the mx5s...i met up with them at Frankley services (me in mk3 mx5 just to complete the set) and we convoyed down.

Was good to meet up with people again, good to chat to a few familiar folk but also to put faces to names for a few more :)

Fairly happy with my dyno run, the new exhaust setup sounds load better than it did before too, absolutely loved the drive back today with pops on hard upshifts etc :D, but the mismatched pipes may be costing me a bit (2.5 inch manifold collector into 2.5 inch midpipe into a 2 3/8 inch entry backbox isn't ideal). Plan on getting that sorted and a slight map tweak, hopefully will net me 200bhp.

Back
Top Bottom