OcUK Dadsnet thread

Soldato
Congratulations @dink!

In other news, my daughter watched the good dinosaur yesterday.

This morning she decided everything that she brings me must be in her mouth... and just put her down so shes howling at me from her room.

Didn't realise I was raising a puppy??

Soldato
OP
Congratulations @dink!

In other news, my daughter watched the good dinosaur yesterday.

This morning she decided everything that she brings me must be in her mouth... and just put her down so shes howling at me from her room.

Didn't realise I was raising a puppy??
Ha, bloody arlo and Co were the bain of my life for a while as well

V_R

V_R

Soldato
My little girls god bad Eczema on the backs of her knee's and in her elbow pits, nothing seems to be working. Doc's gave us a mild steroid cream which seems to help a bit but we can't use it too much due to her age apparently.

Soldato
My little girls god bad Eczema on the backs of her knee's and in her elbow pits, nothing seems to be working. Doc's gave us a mild steroid cream which seems to help a bit but we can't use it too much due to her age apparently.

Have you tried pure aloe vera ? Helped my twin when he got an outbreak on the back of his knees. I grow my own aloe vera plants so just snipped a bit off and rubbed it on. Soothed his itching which calmed him down too.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Not pure aloe vera, no. Had no end of creams that contain it mind you. Will give it a go, cheers! We'll try anything at the moment.

Associate

Tried childs farm stuff? can get it in most big supermarkets and boots etc, loads of people swear by it

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Yeah we tried that as one of the first ones. Doesn't seem to be any better/worse than anything else, and by that I mean it doesn't seem to help much.

Associate
Yeah we tried that as one of the first ones. Doesn't seem to be any better/worse than anything else, and by that I mean it doesn't seem to help much.

The dr gave us zero base for my eldest works as both a cream and can also use it as a body wash in the bath, she had eczema but not as bad as you're describing, shes coming up four and grew out of it about a year ago.

Associate
My daughter had Slapped Cheek last year whilst i was deployed. My poor wife had to deal with all that on her own on the run up to Christmas! Its heart breaking when you cant be there to support your family when you know things are tough.

The little one also suffers from Eczema at the backs of her legs, We bath her twice a week in a bath with a few drops of Oilatum for kids (originally given to us by the Doctor) but found you can buy it in Boots. She also has a couple of creams both with and without steroids. We've found that in the cooler months we don't need to use the creams as much and the Oilatum baths keep it at bay.

Our second daughter is due early march but due to complications with my wife, she could potentially arrive a bit earlier :)

Associate
Does your baby hate taking medicine by spoon and syringe?

Our 14month goes crazy and spits out the amoxicillin / calpol.

Doesn't drink and eat much so can't mix with food or drink.

Any tips?

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Nothing worked for my kid until we got prescribed a bath cream that cleared it up instantly. Now we just use that on the odd occasion it reoccurs.

I don't know the English name for it though.
What's the non English name out of interest? :)

She's now got a rash all over, been to the doctors today and they say it's a viral infection brought on by the eczema, we thought it was chicken pox, got some antibiotics for her. Poor thing is covered. :(

Back
Top Bottom