OcUK Dadsnet thread

Some boys will wet the bed until puberty. They simply do not have control of the relevant sphincter / muscle (I forget the details). The medical term is nocturnal enuresis. You may find that waking him at eleven or midnight for a **** helps. The important thing is to not criticise him or stress him about it. He physically cannot help himself. Just get on and deal with it.
It's good that it's just a little boy thing to be honest.
Just trying to get home to go to the toilet is a chore.

Just curious if this is a George thing or a 6 year old thing but he's pretty much wetting the bed every night.
Make him have a wee before going to bed and no drinks within 2 hours of bedtime.
Really don't want have to resort to pull ups I don't think that will help him.
Daughter is 7 and I think has just turned the corner on being dry through the night. For the last 2 years I've been getting her up to the toilet at 11pm, but it's not a permanent solution.
We use the Dry nights bed mats which just go under the fitted sheet. The advantage of them is they can stay on until next bedding change if they're dry. They don't stop the fitted sheet getting wet, or sometimes the duvet, but I think are better for self esteem than putting pullups on every night.

Daughter is 7 and I think has just turned the corner on being dry through the night. For the last 2 years I've been getting her up to the toilet at 11pm, but it's not a permanent solution.
We use the Dry nights bed mats which just go under the fitted sheet. The advantage of them is they can stay on until next bedding change if they're dry. They don't stop the fitted sheet getting wet, or sometimes the duvet, but I think are better for self esteem than putting pullups on every night.
My daughter 3 had been dry for a while now and the boy had been dry for about 2 years it's a new thing him wetting the bed.

How do you feel about arranged marriages? She sounds like she might be a very eligible lady for one of my boys. Shes going to be minted!
She's very serious when she tells me that she's going to marry her little friend, Henry. His parents are British refugees to NZ. I'll find out if they're minted and let you know.

She's not marrying no brokey! :D

So out of four people in my house 3 have the norrovirus…

I have spent the last two nights cleaning up sick and diarrhoea…

I can see my near future and it does not look like a fun time…

Fml

Yeah friends and family have been great, we're lucky to have close people around us. Honestly feel really grateful for everything.
Looking forward to your Dadsnet post in a couple of months where you are announcing the new arrival.

It's not for everyone, but helped us greatly - we did a 6 session course with NCT.

She's very serious when she tells me that she's going to marry her little friend, Henry. His parents are British refugees to NZ. I'll find out if they're minted and let you know.

She's not marrying no brokey! :D
lol my girl is starting primary and one of the lads mums in the visiting days mentioned they lived directly opposite the school. A quick Zoopla puts them at 2-3M net worth AT LEAST. I am arranging playdates ASAP :cry:

Looking forward to your Dadsnet post in a couple of months where you are announcing the new arrival.

It's not for everyone, but helped us greatly - we did a 6 session course with NCT.

Not even considered those yet, we've booked in for some Antenatal classes in the next few weeks though.

Cannot wait tbh, our colleague brought her baby in and even though it wasn't mind, i went straight into dad mode lol.

Back
Top Bottom