OcUK Dadsnet thread

Permabanned
My comment was aimed at those whose "advice" is "get ready for sleepless nights yada yada yada". For those without unique situations (majority) it is a pretty straight forward process. My daughter had a lot of health issues in her early months, we had lots of sleepless nights to begin with but they are babies with no immune system. Still think it was pretty easy though.

Soldato
My comment was aimed at those whose "advice" is "get ready for sleepless nights yada yada yada". For those without unique situations (majority) it is a pretty straight forward process. My daughter had a lot of health issues in her early months, we had lots of sleepless nights to begin with but they are babies with no immune system. Still think it was pretty easy though.
It's nice that you found it easy. Lucky for you I guess!

Soldato
It all sounds a bit like when rich people with nannies say being a parent is easy. Lol
I have never and i mean never met anyway that would describe it as easy.

Soldato
Here we go again with your accusations because you cannot comprehend. I'm out.

But its fine to call everyone drama queens because they didn't have the experience you had?
I fully get that you and your family found it easy, good for you. But to call everyone else a drama queen just seems odd. Ever though its you in the minority and most actually struggle at first.

Permabanned
But its fine to call everyone drama queens because they didn't have the experience you had?
I fully get that you and your family found it easy, good for you. But to call everyone else a drama queen just seems odd. Ever though its you in the minority and most actually struggle at first.

I wasn't going to bother replying but it needs to be said.

Firstly, this isn't the Robj20 thread. I appreciate you had a tough time with your son, and I am truly sorry your family had to go through that, but please remove the chip from your shoulder. Just because you went through that doesn't mean you have more insight than others.

I made a light hearted comment that was not directly aimed at anyone in particular, certainly not everyone, although you seem to have taken it as if it were aimed at you. Again, not just my experience but my friends and family, I have a massive family with lots of children. I don't see where you get I am in the minority from?

Just because you find something odd, doesn't mean it is. I refer back to your "don't touch my child" episode when everyone else was apparently odd and neglectful.

You keep insinuating others neglect their children dude, what ever makes you happy.

Soldato

Firstly, this isn't the Robj20 thread. I appreciate you had a tough time with your son, and I am truly sorry your family had to go through that, but please remove the chip from your shoulder. Just because you went through that doesn't mean you have more insight than others.

I made a light hearted comment that was not directly aimed at anyone in particular, certainly not everyone, although you seem to have taken it as if it were aimed at you. Again, not just my experience but my friends and family, I have a massive family with lots of children. I don't see where you get I am in the minority from?

Just because you find something odd, doesn't mean it is. I refer back to your "don't touch my child" episode when everyone else was apparently odd and neglectful.

You keep insinuating others neglect their children dude, what ever makes you happy.
Your the one that keeps bringing my situation into it. I posted for everyone in here, of you read this thread from the beginning you and your family are the minority. Most people find it damn hard.

I don't know your specific circumstances but job, previous lifestyle and other commitments all come into it.

Plus I'd say on the difficulty front i do have more insight into what we add parents can put up with when we need to.
So the next new dad that thinks he can't do it can read my story and realise yes he can.

I don't think your comment was aimed at me, but unless you were replying to someone specific, of take that to mean everyone.

And i have never once told someone they neglect their child.

Anyway, something were struggling with. Getting him to drink water, he will have the initial sip and that's it, he gets at most two 5oz bottles a day now of milk so the rest is solid food. We do a fresh 100ml bottle of water and almost none goes by the end of the day.
Weve tried different juices but he still doesn't really want it.

Last edited:
Associate
No need to argue, we all raise our children different because they are different. The main thing is keeping them happy and healthy no matter how hard it is and knowing when to ask for help.

Anyway, something were struggling with. Getting him to drink water, he will have the initial sip and that's it, he gets at most two 5oz bottles a day now of milk so the rest is solid food. We do a fresh 100ml bottle of water and almost none goes by the end of the day.
Weve tried different juices but he still doesn't really want it.

Our daughter was kind of used to water due to a few sicknesses and needing some hydration as she wasn't keeping milk down.

It could just be one of those things to keep trying, maybe different temperatures or bottles.

Soldato
Our daughter was kind of used to water due to a few sicknesses and needing some hydration as she wasn't keeping milk down.

It could just be one of those things to keep trying, maybe different temperatures or bottles.

Warmer water is a good idea, about the only thing we haven't tried.

Soldato

Can you please leave this forum.

Soldato
I'm normally very happy when my daughter learns new things....

Today she's figured out door handles and plug switches....

So que her turning the router on and off and finding her on the front lawn.

So locking my front door now.

Associate
I'm normally very happy when my daughter learns new things....

Today she's figured out door handles and plug switches....

So que her turning the router on and off and finding her on the front lawn.

So locking my front door now.

I found the best solution, show them how to do it and get them to replicate it. It's like reverse psychology works every time.

Edit: Results may vary :D

Soldato
I found the best solution, show them how to do it and get them to replicate it. It's like reverse psychology works every time.

Edit: Results may vary :D

Little slide locks fitted to the top of doors your able to. That's my plan.
Plug side, just put something heavy Infront of it.

Im dredding needing to baby proof everything.

Associate
Little slide locks fitted to the top of doors your able to. That's my plan.
Plug side, just put something heavy Infront of it.

Im dredding needing to baby proof everything.

We started baby proofing, she figured it out the same day and I didn't even show her. We used the sticky ones, the ones that push down, wall socket covers. She's a nightmare, she will sit and focus on "fixing" it until it's done. We just put everything dangerous up high and hope for the best.

Oh btw they're stronger then they look she can knock down a 28kg kettlebell :(

Back
Top Bottom