OcUK Dadsnet thread

Soldato
How did you not notice?! Does she wear REALLY, REALLY baggy clothing?

Well, funny that you started the day expecting to get laid and ended it with your surprise kid.

Did you have to put your life on hold for a bit to sort tons of stuff out or did you just roll with it?

What was telling close family and friends like? Must have been a laugh to surprise them

Soldato
she carried our daughter at the back,she didn't have one symptom what so ever.

Everything came after she gave birth.

She came home on the Tuesday and i had got everything,friends and work helped a lot,we had so much stuff we didn't need anything for at least a year.

Pushchair,2 cribs,bags and bags of clothes,work gave me roughly £300 worth of baby essentials (tesco)

Soldato
I am a triplet, no need to ask. I was on the receiving end and witnessed the single birthed bros and sis grow up.

In what way do you raise them differently?

I don't doubt it is more than twice the work but your methods to raise the children should not differ much at all or were you after a 'my parenting is harder than others' thread?

It is a lot easier to care for one. The level of exhaustion with newborn twins is over the top. It took both of us, wife and I, we literally had 45 minutes of downtime between the end of the feeding process and the start of the next one. 24 hours a day, day after day.

You are a multiple, you aren't a parent of multiple. Big difference. By the way, your parents need a medal for raising triplets. I can't fathom how hard it must have been.

I'm after a thread where I can relate to other multiple parents. Singleton parents have it hard but not even the same ball park as multiple parents. Hence me wanting a thread for multiples separate to singleton parents.

Soldato
so pretty much got it nail on the head :D

Still same way to raise the kids just a lot more work, wants own thread to talk specifically how much harder it is.

As far as info goes, kids born singular and kids born in multiples have the same requirements btw. Plenty of sunshine, water and compost every spring.

The mods will probably be fine with it if you explain what your thread is about in the thread discussion section forum.

Soldato
so pretty much got it nail on the head :D

Still same way to raise the kids just a lot more work, wants own thread to talk specifically how much harder it is.

As far as info goes, kids born singular and kids born in multiples have the same requirements btw. Plenty of sunshine, water and compost every spring.

The mods will probably be fine with it if you explain what your thread is about in the thread discussion section forum.

No, looking a thread for tips and advice...such as, how do you feed two babies at the same time, etc

I don't need to spout how much harder it is, any parent of multiples will know what I mean. It's just easier to talk to, and get information from, those in the same boat. :)

Soldato
OP
[Mumsnet mode activated] My wife recently gave birth to our 1st child. A daughter (Sofia) who's 10 weeks old. I honestly cannot believe how amazing it is being a parent and how much it's changed my life for the better. The worst thing is having to go to work in the morning and saying bye, but I have all day to looking forward to leaving work and getting home to both of them :)

Yeah ever day feels like a Friday when you get to go home to cuddles with your daughter. Mine has found a new favourite noise that is a bit like something out of the exorcist. Either that or she speaks parcel tongue.

Either way, she is super cute

TlcAKQ2h.jpg

Soldato
Have to say when I had time off with my son it was a doddle. Quite probably the best time in my life. Someone once said similar on here and that being a stop at home mum was one of women's best kept secrets. Tiring looking after a little baby? Nope.

Twins I've never had experience of but can imagine it is a hard job. So no comment there.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Cute photos :)

I personally couldn't bear going into John Lewis/Mothercare and being bombarded with the millions of buggies and travel systems that are available.

Fortunately have had a few friends who have had kids so can do my research and go for what is tried and tested rather than what the shop wants to sell.

BB x

Back
Top Bottom