OcUK Dadsnet thread

Associate
How was it? If you don't mind me asking?

Got it done at the local health centre. Took about an hour all told. A weird experience to have a male doctor doing the snipping and a female nurse helping out. Given I was awake through the whole thing, the three of us had an odd conversation (not least because of the situation). I walked out of the building and kicked a football around with my son afterwards. Was a bit sore for a few days, but with good supportive underwear all was well. No changes to me, or my lifestyle afterwards either. Everything still functions as required, just without unintended consequences.

If you get it done, good supportive underwear afterwards, that's the key...

Soldato
Nor is the Snip.
Yet one is invasive mutilation, and the other is not.

If there was a male pill, I'd give it a go. My partner doesn't get along with the pill as the hormones make her go a bit crazy. I know quite a few women who don't like the side effects they get from the pill. The snip, as long as you're certain you don't want additional children, seems like the sensible option, to me. Better for us both.

Soldato
If there was a male pill, I'd give it a go. My partner doesn't get along with the pill as the hormones make her go a bit crazy. I know quite a few women who don't like the side effects they get from the pill. The snip, as long as you're certain you don't want additional children, seems like the sensible option, to me. Better for us both.
I'd take a male pill too.

Caporegime
Got it done at the local health centre. Took about an hour all told. A weird experience to have a male doctor doing the snipping and a female nurse helping out. Given I was awake through the whole thing, the three of us had an odd conversation (not least because of the situation). I walked out of the building and kicked a football around with my son afterwards. Was a bit sore for a few days, but with good supportive underwear all was well. No changes to me, or my lifestyle afterwards either. Everything still functions as required, just without unintended consequences.

If you get it done, good supportive underwear afterwards, that's the key...

Thanks for the info! it's on the list to enquire about. I'll probably have to ring my GP and talk about it. I suspect some resistance maybe. But maybe times have changed now.

Man of Honour
Thanks for the info! it's on the list to enquire about. I'll probably have to ring my GP and talk about it. I suspect some resistance maybe. But maybe times have changed now.
There was zero resistance when I got mine done just after my daughter was born and I was 34 at the time. It's basically just a "You understand this is effectively permeant and the NHS won't pay if you want it reversed."

Associate
The only question I got asked was whether I was married or not. For some reason, and I cannot track anything down to justify this legally, I would have had to have got my wife to agree to me getting the snip if we were married. Thankfully we weren't at the time. So when told that, the quack said it could get done with no issues.

Man of Honour
The only question I got asked was whether I was married or not. For some reason, and I cannot track anything down to justify this legally, I would have had to have got my wife to agree to me getting the snip if we were married. Thankfully we weren't at the time. So when told that, the quack said it could get done with no issues.
Wasn't even mentioned when I had mine done last year.

Caporegime
There was zero resistance when I got mine done just after my daughter was born and I was 34 at the time. It's basically just a "You understand this is effectively permeant and the NHS won't pay if you want it reversed."
Thanks. Yeah of you got it done fine at 34 I doubt I'll have issues.
Not married here either. Strange question that

Man of Honour
How else do you describe it?

A tiny unnoticeable scalpel-less surgery.

Pain-free, I was back in the gym within a week, and it makes my life easier now.

I don't have to worry about unwanted pregnancy (I'm well into my 40s and have 2 kids and am very happy).

I think women having to take the pill which significantly disrupts their hormones is not right, and the onus shouldn't have to be on them.

Furthermore, women in my age group are getting to a stage in their life where the pill wouldn't be good.

I've had more painful injuries doing gardening than the snip.

Associate
A tiny unnoticeable scalpel-less surgery.

Pain-free, I was back in the gym within a week, and it makes my life easier now.

I don't have to worry about unwanted pregnancy (I'm well into my 40s and have 2 kids and am very happy).

I think women having to take the pill which significantly disrupts their hormones is not right, and the onus shouldn't have to be on them.

Furthermore, women in my age group are getting to a stage in their life where the pill wouldn't be good.

I've had more painful injuries doing gardening than the snip.
This sounds like quite a pleasant way to describe mutilation.

Soldato
I had done a few years ago too. All went well, although my balls looked like someone had used them as a punching bag. If you go for itz don't look down. I did and it's a very weird sensation to not feel your testis (apart from a little tugging) and see your pipes hanging out. Agre with above though, I normally wear boxers and I was tempted by y fronts as gravity is not your friend while healing. Suits us far better as i don't like condoms, and imo being on a pill indefinitely is never a good thing (although my wife does take some form of it so we can go swimming and stuff on holiday, but only for a week or so).

Last edited:
Soldato
My membership to Dads club will hopefully be official come September and like and true father-to-be I've begun pondering car seat options.

This will be our first child so I've no real experience to draw on sadly.

We're getting an iCandy Peach 7 pram which has the attachments for a car seat and I've been musing what car seat to get.

We do some long drives to our parents houses and so a lie flat car seat was high on the list. Of the list of what is compatible with the pram I was thinking the Maxi Cosi Pebble 360 Pro and then the Family Fix 360 base would be the best options.

This looks like one of the few car seats that does a good lie flat so we can do slightly longer journeys in it and the 360 base is helpful for getting them in and out of the car.

Has anyone on here used the above seat or does anyone have any recommendations for something that may fit the bill?

iCandy list a few Cybex, Joie and Nuna car seats that are also compatible with our pram but finding it a bit of a minefield. Tbh the Pebble 360 Pro was one of the first ones I looked at and seemed to tick all the boxes (aside from going older than a 2 year old)

Back
Top Bottom