OcUK DDoS attack - £10,000 reward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
that would explain everything then, i knew something was up days ago, all this talk of this and that well over my head!!, just hope its sorted and culprit caught.
best of luck guys

...so when you say £10k reward.. is that really £10k of equiptment thank you vat man !!!

daz

daz

Soldato
Guessing the attack is extremely distributed over a wide number of IPs and networks otherwise it would have been rather more straight forward to mitigate against. :(

Permabanned
Whoever it is, may the fleas of a thousand camels infest his nether regions! The forum being down has meant I've had to do some decorating today.
Good luck catching whoever is responsible (just look for someone who can't stop scratching where the sun don't shine) :D

Associate
I think it's highly unlikely it's a competitor behind it, or someone who's moved on - think of how much they'd have to lose if they were caught (again, highly unlikely if this is being done properly). Naming competitors or ex-employees is also a very silly thing to do.

It's either someone doing it for profit, or someone with a grudge - I'm leaning towards someone with a grudge from the tone of Spie's posts.

Soldato
I feel i owe this hacker my future livelihood; his bringing down of the forums has forced me to revise. I may actually go into an exam with a sense of confidence now.

Git

Soldato
surely botnets have better things to attack then OcUK, hopefully within a few days this will all be over and the botnet can go back to whatever it is a botnet usualy does when not attacking OcUK.

Soldato
Well can people at least make sure they are patched and up to date on the AV, unlike English Heritage which do diddly squat when it comes to patching. I hate organisations that don't let the techies manage the estate properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom