OcUK DDoS attack - £10,000 reward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Could be No Competitors! !! Imagine if they used all there display computers as drones in all the stores around the uk. they could send some serious stuff your way !!!

Soldato
Really hope something comes of this Spie. Can't live without the forums.

I won't post any network advice as I'm sure the employees of one of the best pc component shops on the net are not retarded and know what they are doing. Unless of course you want my advice. Then I suggest turning it off and on.

Associate
DDoS attacks, they are petty and noobery.
its just people who want to look cool because they cant hack, so they throw a bunch of junk at the server.

its like the big dumb guy breaking into the house
"duuuuuuh, umm, i can't pick lock, i break lock, guuuurrrr"
lulz:D

Man of Honour
Sadly it isn't as simple as this otherwise many botnet owners would be behind bars by now. There will be another smaller botnet which gives out the attack commands to the main set of attacking drones. I think that luck plays a big part in taking down these script kiddie idiots out there.

Oftentimes it is that simple, sure the smart ones use a secondary botnet (or just a open wifi connection) but some script kiddie with grudge against OCUK isn't necessarily going to be smart. But yes, luck plays a big part and they tend to catch the dumb ones, the smart ones are in other countries and are near untouchable to be honest...

Soldato
anyway, what does ddos stand for ?

distributed denial of service attack

Oftentimes it is that simple, sure the smart ones use a secondary botnet (or just a open wifi connection) but some script kiddie with grudge against OCUK isn't necessarily going to be smart. But yes, luck plays a big part and they tend to catch the dumb ones, the smart ones are in other countries and are near untouchable to be honest...

Or the old trick of making zombies connect to IRC to issue commands.
Some punk had done that using an IRC network I was an Op on more than a few years ago, can't really go into it further though.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
In the past if memory serves me right someone who got banned was sending out mass emails to members of the forums?

Hope its sorted out quickly

I imagine they've already added the origin of those emails (if traceable) to their list of suspects to pass on to SOCA, it's an obvious person with a grudge. If not I heartily concur and suggest you do so smartly OCUK!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom