• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

-== OcUK Extreme GeForce GTX 280 Amazing Deal! ==-

Must resist.........please sell out before i press the confirm order i cant afford it.

No common sense has got the better of me, i am gonna wait for a cheap 4870. Its a shame i don't have the 250 posts yet as i could get a cheap second hand one on MM as i am sure there will be a few on their next week.

Last edited:
WOOHOO - A good friend has just ordered one for me - didn't want to miss out on this with just a few days till payday.

Fingers crossed for one of the "special ones" :D Will post what arrives tomorrow.

The important this is we are getting a GTX 280 for £218.49 brand new so we cant exactly complain at that! Hell I would have taken an OEM one at that price!

Imagine someone got some form of SSC version or something though...wouldnt be bad!

Regardless I'll be clocking whatever card I get myself :D

WOOHOO - A good friend has just ordered one for me - didn't want to miss out on this with just a few days till payday.

Good Friend there :D

Must resist.........please sell out before i press the confirm order i cant afford it.

No common sense has got the better of me, i am gonna wait for a cheap 4870. Its a shame i don't have the 250 posts yet as i could get a cheap second hand one on MM as i am sure there will be a few on their next week.

Looks like it's time to get spamming :p

Im hoping to pull in around £90 delivered for my EVGA 9800 GTX which will help offset the cost a bit making the upgrade all the sweeter!

Looking at what my 8800 is current going for, i think i might hold on to it for a spare. Then if that Lucid Hydra chip lives up to all the hype, maybe dust it off in the future.

Good to know there are knowledgable ppl here.... might have a lot of questions next week.

one to start off with though... is the 'squealing' a real problem with these cards ?

The important this is we are getting a GTX 280 for £218.49 brand new so we cant exactly complain at that! Hell I would have taken an OEM one at that price!

Imagine someone got some form of SSC version or something though...wouldnt be bad!

Regardless I'll be clocking whatever card I get myself :D
Didnt they have watercooled versions too ;). Be funny if someone got one of those and doesnt have water-cooling. God its gonna be me :(:p

Im happy with anything - havent bought a PC parts since October and its been over a year since my last GFX upgrade (also Ive missed a generation so my mantras intact)

Wow impulse buying is fun...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Looking at what my 8800 is current going for, i think i might hold on to it for a spare. Then if that Lucid Hydra chip lives up to all the hype, maybe dust it off in the future.

Good to know there are knowledgable ppl here.... might have a lot of questions next week.

one to start off with though... is the 'squealing' a real problem with these cards ?

I only get slight squeling when folding but never heard it in anything else including vantage.

See people have encountered this with the NVidia cards and I have yet to encounter it but for some its during games and others its on start up and shut down!

Nothing to worry about though in all honesty as its a low % that would be effected otherwise there would have been a lot of complaints about it :)

Didnt they have watercooled versions too ;). Be funny if someone got one of those and doesnt have water-cooling. God its gonna be me :(:p

Would be funny but I suspect OcUK wouldnt be that silly ;) Though that could be rectified by buying a cooler for it! :p

Still in warehouse queue....:(
Got to be good exercise for the staff though. Bet they look like little worker ants back and forth from the shelves. Hope the management are laying on biscuits or something to keep their energy levels up. :D

Stupid question - but is a E5200 gonna slow this card down (not o/ced yet) - hovering over the buy button (cheap Q6600 vs Q9550 E0). Might just wait and stick it in and see...

:0 I just got a GTX 260 from MM this week but this would be even better at the steal of a price. Damn why do you do this to me? You just know I'm going to order one now!

edit - Order Complete :)

Stupid question - but is a E5200 gonna slow this card down (not o/ced yet) - hovering over the buy button (cheap Q6600 vs Q9550 E0). Might just wait and stick it in and see...

Depends mate, I mean your gonna get some "silky smooth" framerates regardless :) Though definitely OC your CPU!

Play the wait and see game :)

If you have decent CPU cooler, clock to 3Ghz+ first and see how you go. Otherwise, i can thoroughly recommend a Q6600... mine has been running @ 3.6Ghz ( 1.4v ) for over a year now.... max temp 58oC under a full 3 hr load.

Back
Top Bottom