***OcUK FIRST - OCZ Vertex 3 Available to Pre-Order!***

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

OCZ have made what appears a major error, I am absolutely shocked and appalled but to cut to the point the 120GB still have not shipped due to some error which OCZ are investigating.

After heated discussion OCZ are coming back to me by 9am tomorrow morning with an explanation and an accurate ETA.

Sorry guys, the only good news is a UK distributor got a handful of units, which I managed to grab half off, so some will ship tomorrow.

Associate
Hell, you'd think this lot were government run or something! Their repeated fobbing off is getting beyond a bloody joke! They need to be honest n upfront with you and to stop making false promises and outright lies!

Associate
OCZ? more omg

Hi there

OCZ have made what appears a major error, I am absolutely shocked and appalled but to cut to the point the 120GB still have not shipped due to some error which OCZ are investigating.

After heated discussion OCZ are coming back to me by 9am tomorrow morning with an explanation and an accurate ETA.

Sorry guys, the only good news is a UK distributor got a handful of units, which I managed to grab half off, so some will ship tomorrow.

:eek: don't post normally as you can tell by post count but my god, how does OCZ screw up this momentously on a flagship product launch? and not offer some compensation to the eTailors? - even if that isn't past on to the consumer.

Were not just talking about Overclockers.co.uk were talking about U.K eTailors in general right?

Sub

Associate
Hi there

Thanks for the update!

I ordered on the 28th of Feb Hopefully i got in quick enough to get one of the first 120's (heres hoping!) :)

Soldato
Hi there

Thanks Gibbo. Please keep the updates coming.

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

Latest update is as follows:-

OCZ UK reps don't wish to promise any date due to OCZ Taiwan still not having shipped yet. It was a national holiday in Taiwan yesterday so they did not ship them. They aim to ship the drives from Taiwan today and enough quantity to cover every single backorder and actually leave us about 20 units or so spare stock.

However lets be blunt here, they've messed up now and I think it goes without saying I'd not be putting my life on them getting here before Friday, maybe Thursday if were lucky, but more likely to be Friday.

All I can do is apologise on their behalf guys, its been an absolute failure of a launch and hopefully OCZ will learn from this mess, ideally they should have just said from the beginning launch would not be until end of April as at least then it could have been a true hard launch.

20 or so first pre-orders should be shipping today though.

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

We've just sold the last 240GB guys.

However I've got 10 more in tomorrow, if your still thinking, grab one as I have no ETA as to when were getting more 240GB's. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
I've found more at a French distributor, another 10 of each here tomorrow. :)

That means we now have a further spare 15x 120GB's as OCZ have confirmed all been well the 80x 120GB's they are shipping will be with us on Friday.

So anyone buying a 120GB or 240GB now your order will be shipped by end of this week. :)

Soldato
Or are you actually saying that because you will have a further 15X spare 120GB's then if I order today using DPD Next Day then I will recieve the drive on or before Friday?

Soldato
I've found more at a French distributor, another 10 of each here tomorrow. :)

That means we now have a further spare 15x 120GB's as OCZ have confirmed all been well the 80x 120GB's they are shipping will be with us on Friday.

So anyone buying a 120GB or 240GB now your order will be shipped by end of this week. :)

Keep up the good work Gibbo!:)

I see one of your competitors only have 3 x 120's and 2 x 240's left and no more stock for three weeks.:D

Associate
Well I've been holding off because of the extra 20 quid over other retailers but in fairness to Gibbo he's earned it from me so I'm ready to place an order. If I order one tonight am I likely to get one by the end of the week or early next week?

Associate
Not quite as hard to get hold of as I was expecting... one sat in my hands right now (and only made my mind up on it today!!).

Doing building work to keep the Mrs happy atm, but plan on a fresh install to test this out tonight.

Back
Top Bottom